Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 07:52 PM

5 posts, read 18,185 times

Advertisements

We have been looking at houses in the $600-750K range and have seen some really nice things in these areas, but I haven't seen much about them on the message boards. Can anyone comment as to why so many houses are on in PRovidence Springs that look really nice in the $700s and inside Route 51???

Whatever you know about these neighborhoods -- please share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 08:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,435,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingfromDC View Post
We have been looking at houses in the $600-750K range and have seen some really nice things in these areas, but I haven't seen much about them on the message boards. Can anyone comment as to why so many houses are on in PRovidence Springs that look really nice in the $700s and inside Route 51???

Whatever you know about these neighborhoods -- please share!
Not quite sure I understand your question? There are MANY homes inside hwy 51 in that price range and higher. Are you saying why are they ONLY in the 700's?

Old 04-19-2008, 10:48 AM

5 posts, read 18,185 times
DIdnt mean it that way. They houses looked like they should be more considering some of the other listings we had seen in South Charlotte, etc. I just hadn't heard much of those neighborhoods -- particularly Providence SPrings and saw a lot of houses for sale. Didn't know if there had been any type of problem there or if it was just a very large neighborhood.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingfromDC View Post
DIdnt mean it that way. They houses looked like they should be more considering some of the other listings we had seen in South Charlotte, etc. I just hadn't heard much of those neighborhoods -- particularly Providence SPrings and saw a lot of houses for sale. Didn't know if there had been any type of problem there or if it was just a very large neighborhood.
Okay The only reason I think you don't hear much about these neighborhoods on the threads is because the vast majority of folks who are moving here JUST HAVE TO HAVE new construction - so only the new developments get discussed. All the neighborhoods you have mentioned are fantastic neighborhoods. They are older and more established, but very desirable. The commutes to uptown from them are much better than the commutes from the places way out in Union County people keep talking about.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:57 AM

In addition, Providence Plantation is one of the most desirable neighborhoods in the south Charlotte area and has Providence High School as its assigned school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte