Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:30 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
Which of the two communties has nicer homes? Since they're both Weiland communities though both seem to have, for the most part, the same designs. However, Bridgemill seems to have a lot more of the low-end homes than Bridgehampton. Does Brookhaven have even less of them than Bridgehampton? Weddington Chase doesn't have any of the low-end/Habersham models, but W/C is further out than B/M and B/H and therefore, is a worse commute.
Bridgehampton doesnt have LOW end homes...Weddington Chase to Uptown isnt horrible as I know people who do it...Broohaven also has low end homes in the low to mid 300's but it is only 1 section...they have a new section across the street and quite a few of those lots back up to high tension wires...the main entrance of the development is beautiful, as we drove there yesterday since it was such a nice day and we hadnt been there the entrance across the street isnt as nice as the main entrance of brookhaven...Bridgemill I thought was in SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblmom View Post
I also don't want to start an argument with anyone, but...I have lived in both places (VERY close to Bridgehampton) and now Brookhaven, and have commuted Uptown. I really think the commute is about the same from both places. The best way to go from Brookhaven is Fullwood to 51 to Sardis to Randolph. From both places, it will take about 40-45 minutes, but it totally depends on what time you leave and if there is an accident. Bridgehampton has the advantage of being closer to the great Ballantyne area, but Brookhaven is in no way isolated. Anyway, both places have great homes and John Wieland is a great builder. Keep in mind that if you go with Bridgehampton, half of the subdivision is in SC. Your schools would be Indian Land schools.

Also, to answer London's question above, both Brookhaven and Bridgehampton have a variety of homes. Bridgehampton has townhomes that are in the 400's, and the "signature" and "Colonnade" homes. I think prices there probably top out in the 800's or so ?? Brookhaven has a section of Habersham homes (start in the 400's), signature homes (500's - 800's), and Colonnade homes that can be over a million.

Thank you for chiming in! My friends do the Fullwood, 51, Sardis route too. The fact that it is taking them 50-55 minutes in the morning must be due to them leaving later than you did. Five minutes in morning rush can make all the difference no matter where in Charlotte you are commuting from I totally agree with you and Berry that John Weiland builds beautiful homes!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:36 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
. Five minutes in morning rush can make all the difference no matter where in Charlotte you are commuting from !
That's the truth!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:37 PM

338 posts, read 897,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblmom View Post

Also, to answer London's question above, both Brookhaven and Bridgehampton have a variety of homes. Bridgehampton has townhomes that are in the 400's, and the "signature" and "Colonnade" homes. I think prices there probably top out in the 800's or so ?? Brookhaven has a section of Habersham homes (start in the 400's), signature homes (500's - 800's), and Colonnade homes that can be over a million.
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:37 PM

40 posts, read 146,423 times
did i mention the rats are the size of cats? UGH disgusting!!!! we'll take gorgeous horses on the right and left while listening to music in bumper to bumper traffic! thank goodness they have these posts. Marblemom, thanks for the message! It means alot!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:38 PM

yes, the john weiland with the basements are our favorites!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:38 PM

338 posts, read 897,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Bridgehampton doesnt have LOW end homes...Weddington Chase to Uptown isnt horrible as I know people who do it...Broohaven also has low end homes in the low to mid 300's but it is only 1 section...they have a new section across the street and quite a few of those lots back up to high tension wires...the main entrance of the development is beautiful, as we drove there yesterday since it was such a nice day and we hadnt been there the entrance across the street isnt as nice as the main entrance of brookhaven...Bridgemill I thought was in SC?
I appreciate the info.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Jayzz View Post
did i mention the rats are the size of cats? UGH disgusting!!!! we'll take gorgeous horses on the right and left while listening to music in bumper to bumper traffic! thank goodness they have these posts. Marblemom, thanks for the message! It means alot!
It really does remind me to try and remember what I said above - all things are relative to your personal experience. I myself would pull my hair out and lose my mind if I had to be in a car in morning rush hour longer than 30 minutes - especially if it was stop and go - just shoot me now, LOL. But for others like your hubby I can truly see how much moving here is going to improve his life

Old 04-19-2008, 09:43 PM

yes, i agree about personal experience. but i will keep all of your terrific advice in my mind when we make our final decision. i appreciate it tremendously!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:53 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thank you for chiming in! My friends do the Fullwood, 51, Sardis route too. The fact that it is taking them 50-55 minutes in the morning must be due to them leaving later than you did. Five minutes in morning rush can make all the difference no matter where in Charlotte you are commuting from I totally agree with you and Berry that John Weiland builds beautiful homes!
50-55 minutes!! Ugh! I have had times in the afternoon rush hour when it has taken 55 minutes! You've got to get out of there no later than 5:00 (4:30 is better), or wait till maybe 6:30 or later. Personally, going in early and leaving early is the way to go. I used to sit in bumper to bumper traffic in Boston for an hour each way. And it would take 2 or 3 hours in a bad snowstorm!! It is all relative!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte