Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 05:13 AM

730 posts, read 1,313,391 times

Advertisements

Interested in any comments or observations you have about the Gables in Salisbury.

We're moving to Salisbury and are thinking of buying in the Gables. Looks well maintained and the fact that they have a clubhouse makes it easier to meet neighbors.

Thanking you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 05:07 AM

335 posts, read 427,524 times
Nice neighborhood, nice neighbors, I like that area of Salisbury, there is a good amount of middle-class neighborhoods around there and you are not far from some of the good restaurants and little shops downtown that I think give Salisbury a lot of charm. Also doesn’t hurt that it is convenient to 85. I have shown homes in that neighborhood on multiple occasions and my clients always thought they were nice inside and out.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:14 AM

Thank you for the information; we're hoping for a neighborhood where folks are friendly and there's a real sense of neighborliness.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:08 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Ha! I drive past that place frequently when we are visiting MIL. Had no idea it was that substantial!!!

Old 11-18-2019, 10:45 AM

107 posts, read 195,174 times
Do all your research on Salisbury and Rowan County. There have been a few disturbing, random incidents of crime there. Moreover, I’ve found the people overall to not be particularly nice in general. Sort of a hedonistic streak of “to hell with you, I’ll get my way whether you like it or not” type personalities.

Old 11-24-2019, 04:13 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Nice looking community. Seems to be expanding out the back end. If it gets as large as it looks that clubhouse will be way to small.

Current Builder is Spencer Lane, has a good reputation. Latest built is all his. Front part of the Community had a different GC.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxe View Post
Do all your research on Salisbury and Rowan County. There have been a few disturbing, random incidents of crime there. Moreover, I’ve found the people overall to not be particularly nice in general. Sort of a hedonistic streak of “to hell with you, I’ll get my way whether you like it or not” type personalities.
How many people have you met to be able to form such a negative opinion. Are you specifically talking about the folks in the Gables or Salisbury in general

Old 11-24-2019, 06:31 PM

107 posts, read 195,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
How many people have you met to be able to form such a negative opinion. Are you specifically talking about the folks in the Gables or Salisbury in general

I’ve met a good number as I used to live and work in the area. I’m only referring to Salisbury/Rowan County in general.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:27 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post

The person is correct about some crime issues. There is a drug problem like most rural counties. The Gables are in a good area.

The population is very friendly. Never had a problem.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:40 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxe View Post
Same as virtually everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte