Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,615,525 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just me, but does this spring seem to be exceptionally nice? Maybe it's because of the decent amount of rainfall, or because the temperatures have kept to a reasonable and comfortable level, but it seems to be a little greener and "flowerier" this season than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 09:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,150,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Maybe it's just me, but does this spring seem to be exceptionally nice? Maybe it's because of the decent amount of rainfall, or because the temperatures have kept to a reasonable and comfortable level, but it seems to be a little greener and "flowerier" this season than others.
Well . . . it has been really nice for me b/c it has not gotten too hot, too quickly! And yes . . . the rainfall has been appreciated . . .

I pay a price for the blossoms with the allergies problems! But I was thrilled to see winter really end . . .

I hope we have a long Spring and a very pleasant summer.

Gonna get the tomato plants in the ground . . . still need to pick up a few herbs . . .

Old 04-21-2008, 12:26 PM

148 posts, read 583,649 times
It has been very nice, and I think part of it is because we've finally gotten some rain.
I just hope it stays this way - not to hot, too wet, or too dry.

I don't know how many of you like to go up towards Boone or Linville, but that area is beautiful right now.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine Carraway View Post
It has been very nice, and I think part of it is because we've finally gotten some rain.
I just hope it stays this way - not to hot, too wet, or too dry.

I don't know how many of you like to go up towards Boone or Linville, but that area is beautiful right now.
Ohhhhh - one of my favorite areas. Add Banner Elk and Blowing Rock to that list! And the parkway . . .

Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 PM

78 posts, read 232,759 times
I think it's been really windy. But the rain is nice, it has made everything green and pretty.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:08 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,656,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well . . . it has been really nice for me b/c it has not gotten too hot, too quickly! And yes . . . the rainfall has been appreciated . . .

I pay a price for the blossoms with the allergies problems! But I was thrilled to see winter really end . . .

I hope we have a long Spring and a very pleasant summer.

Gonna get the tomato plants in the ground . . . still need to pick up a few herbs . . .
Anifani, don't want to get too OT on this one, but I just planted my tomato, cucumber & StringBean (Green Bean) transplants over the weekend.

The cool thing is that I planted them in hay (straw) bailes.....(sounds funky, but I cut out an 8in deep "trench" in the top of the bail and filled it w/potting soil...planted the transplant and watered w/miracle-gro...

I'll have to figure out how to post a pic....

It actually is a whole lot cheaper to do it this way than plant directly in the ground or even a raised bed....

and yes, the weather's been great so far...

Old 04-23-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Anifani, don't want to get too OT on this one, but I just planted my tomato, cucumber & StringBean (Green Bean) transplants over the weekend.

The cool thing is that I planted them in hay (straw) bailes.....(sounds funky, but I cut out an 8in deep "trench" in the top of the bail and filled it w/potting soil...planted the transplant and watered w/miracle-gro...

I'll have to figure out how to post a pic....

It actually is a whole lot cheaper to do it this way than plant directly in the ground or even a raised bed....

and yes, the weather's been great so far...
OH, Jack you gotta post pix! I am fascinated!!! I will be picking up plants this weekend . . . so please show us your method!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 PM

42 posts, read 146,430 times
I think the weather has been amazing!

Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 PM

716 posts, read 2,149,480 times
I was just thinking today how nice it is that we actually got a lengthy spring this year. Sometimes it just cruises right into summer, but this mild weather has been fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte