U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,707,022 times
Reputation: 423

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
the 7 of 4: How was your trip to south florida?
GREAT! We ended staying like 10 -11 days. Stopped for a few days to visit friends in Palm Beach (Manalapan) then went to South Beach.

Didn't want to come home. LOVE Charlotte...but Miami Beach is the life for us (but boy does it take money to have fun in Miami!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
452 posts, read 1,216,304 times
Reputation: 140
When i was in the clubbing scene in the sobeach, we use to drink before hiting the club... 4 drinks= $50+tip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,707,022 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
When i was in the clubbing scene in the sobeach, we use to drink before hiting the club... 4 drinks= $50+tip
Bottled water and a beer were the same price...$9 each!

So people in Charlotte...do NOT ever complain about the price of drinks in a club!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
452 posts, read 1,216,304 times
Reputation: 140
Water 9buck now wow....i complained when it was 4bucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
452 posts, read 1,216,304 times
Reputation: 140
I ordered a Long Island once in this sobe club actually where mansion is at now and I was charged $17.50
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
4,760 posts, read 6,406,696 times
Reputation: 5236
CMPD is always hiring. Just look at the job listings on the city's page. I even thought about becoming a cop for a while. I think my driving record would rule me out as a qualified candidate. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,707,022 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
I ordered a Long Island once in this sobe club actually where mansion is at now and I was charged $17.50
Saturday night the Mansion was charging $100 per person to get in...they were lighted up down the street to get in.

You know Miami...they pic & choose who they let in based on how you look or what you are wearing. It might take 15 minutes to get in a club...might take 2hrs or more.

I am concerned about going to work in Ballantyne area next week (wish I were still working Uptown). Per CMPD there are quite a few car break ins in that area. The building managmanet where I will be working sent out an email about the break ins too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times
Reputation: 14917
moderator note:
Please keep discussion related to Charlotte Metro or North Carolina in a thread even if your the original poster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
 
Location: waxhaw,nc
24 posts, read 63,306 times
Reputation: 17
According the UNCC website "Currently, the University’s police department is a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week, year-round operation, and at any given time, there are four to five sworn officers conducting proactive patrols and responding to calls."

Four to five officers? On a campus of 1,000 acres and 22,000 students? Is it just me or do these numbers seem a little out of whack? My son will be attending UNCC in the fall and this has me worried. The administration has said that they will be contracting with an outside agency for additional security, but they are only adding 4 more officers and that is "pending advertisement and awarding of the contract" which I would assume would take quite some time. I hope they can do something in the meantime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC (Charlotte 'burb)
4,730 posts, read 17,762,569 times
Reputation: 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysmom View Post
According the UNCC website "Currently, the University’s police department is a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week, year-round operation, and at any given time, there are four to five sworn officers conducting proactive patrols and responding to calls."

Four to five officers? On a campus of 1,000 acres and 22,000 students? Is it just me or do these numbers seem a little out of whack? My son will be attending UNCC in the fall and this has me worried. The administration has said that they will be contracting with an outside agency for additional security, but they are only adding 4 more officers and that is "pending advertisement and awarding of the contract" which I would assume would take quite some time. I hope they can do something in the meantime.
CMPD took over part of a district on/near the campus not too long ago, which was suppoced to reduce crime in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:44 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top