Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 09:55 AM

12 posts, read 34,759 times

Advertisements

So I am probably going to be working at the CMC in Concord. Didnt know where the best place to live for a 27 year old single male would be???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,612,442 times
If it were me, I'd go for something in Afton Village.

Afton Village Rentals

Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Is it too far of a commute to live in Charlotte? I want to be near things to do.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,519,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupharmD View Post
Is it too far of a commute to live in Charlotte? I want to be near things to do.
At your age...I would live in Uptown Charlotte. Yes your commute would be about 25-30 minutes...but would you be working 5 days a week. You would be driving reverse traffic if you work daytime hours. What hours would you be working?

Depends on what you like...do you like walking to restaurants, clubs, grocery, pharmacy?

What do you like...and maybe we can narrow it down?

Charlotte borders Concord...basically when you leave Charlotte on I-85 Northbound you enter Concord.

The CMC - Northeast is right off exit #58 in Concord. The I-77/I-85 interchange is exit #38 (Charlotte). That is 20 miles...then from Uptown to I-77/I-85 interchange is about 4 miles....so it would be about a 24 mile commute.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
At your age...I would live in Uptown Charlotte. Yes your commute would be about 25-30 minutes...but would you be working 5 days a week. You would be driving reverse traffic if you work daytime hours. What hours would you be working?

Depends on what you like...do you like walking to restaurants, clubs, grocery, pharmacy?

What do you like...and maybe we can narrow it down?

Charlotte borders Concord...basically when you leave Charlotte on I-85 Northbound you enter Concord.

The CMC - Northeast is right off exit #58 in Concord. The I-77/I-85 interchange is exit #38 (Charlotte). That is 20 miles...then from Uptown to I-77/I-85 interchange is about 4 miles....so it would be about a 24 mile commute.

GOOD LUCK!
I would be working at the hospital as a pharmacist. I enjoy going out for drinks, cool lunch spots, etc. Im looking for no more than 1,000 a month for a place. Didnt know if I could look on the outskirts of uptown such as myers park, dillworth, etc. ?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 PM

5 posts, read 12,728 times
Default Good places to consider

I'm about to accept a job at CMC - northeast as well and I've considered the Bexley at Concord Mills, The Tradition at Mallard Creek and The Lodge at Mallard Creek. They are pretty reasonable. The 2 bedroom/2 bath apartments have ranged from $750-$950.
Good Luck!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 AM

I checked the apartment ratings for the two Mallard Creek places and the descriptions of drug deals going down and gunshots definitely doesnt work for me. Im thinking of doing a short-term lease somewhere while I get to know the area. Wanted to know opinions of living in huntersville for a 6 month lease or so. How is the commute? Young people?

Im concerned due to having my time in Wilmington ruined by a crime ridden apt. complex.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,519,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupharmD View Post
I would be working at the hospital as a pharmacist. I enjoy going out for drinks, cool lunch spots, etc. Im looking for no more than 1,000 a month for a place. Didnt know if I could look on the outskirts of uptown such as myers park, dillworth, etc. ?
Move Uptown...virtually crime FREE! and lots to do for someone your age and a reverse commute to Concord as long as you don't a 25 minute or so commute.

If you live Uptown you can walk to the grocery store, pharmacies, restaurants, clubs, bowling & Movie theater (Soon at "The Epicentre).

You can get a 1 bedroon for about $1,000 but not a 2 bedroom...so as long as you are happy with a 1 bedroom...I would say move Uptown. Myers Park is nice but not someone in there 20's.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,442 times
I live in Concord now and like it but if I was your age and single I would live Uptown. You'll be going in the opposite direction of the heavy traffic at peak times and at off times the traffic isn't that bad most times except for race weeks and around the holidays around the Concord Mills mall. But the race thing really only affects you maybe 10 days a year.

Avoid the university area right now, the crime is bad there now and there is not as much to do close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte