U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 PM

221 posts, read 484,763 times

Advertisements

I have a friend that carried every day he was on campus. He never pulled it out, nobody ever knew he had it, nobody was ever in any danger that he might "flip" and start shooting innocent people!!! And if something had happened, he'd have been in a better situation to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 03:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,246 times
I would like to introduce myself to the wonderful members of this board.
My name is Daryl Johnson and I am the NCSU campus leader, and one of the creators of the current empty holster protest. I am getting my Masters of Education currently and teach a few courses on campus as well.
It raises my spirits to see so many people that care for our cause.

This protest was started to raise awareness in general, and let people know that the NCSU chapter of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is now active and in full force. This issue has made the news (printed, online, and tv) in Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Charlotte. There have been articles from Virginia as well. We posses a unique advantage with our location which we intend to take full advantage of. We are just down the street (literally) from the capitol and plan to take full advantage of it.

Here are a couple of links from other areas:
An article from N&O in chapel hill.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/sto...Holster-packin' students protest - Local & State - News & Observer

A link to wral, and the video is online.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/4513014/]NCSU students want to pack heat on campus :: WRAL.com

This is a slow battle to be fought, as the changes have to be made through the general assembly. If you truly believe in our cause, please write you congressmen and propose a change to the laws about CC on educational campuses to exclude colleges and universities.

If you disagree, your life will not change when the laws are amended. A concealed weapon is not seen until it is absolutely needed. If you aren't scared to go to walmart or starbucks, then you will have no fear of traveling onto campus properties.

Remember, 1 in 70 people in NC posses a CHP. Who knows how many criminals have guns.

Last edited by MaximaDrvr; 02-11-2009 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: .

Old 02-11-2009, 06:38 PM

4,093 posts, read 10,149,475 times
So much for not being able to state your political opinion or it will be moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Hey Huck, I see you're from Cali. I wonder if this protest is taking place at UCB--the University of Communism at Berkley.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 PM

4 posts, read 5,246 times
If you have any questions for me, I can be reached at NCSU.SCCC@gmail.com
I am soon to be instated as the State Director of North Carolina.

Stay safe.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,886 times
does anyone know where you can take a concealed weapon class in north carolina,i've only found 1 shooting range that offers the class. i live in gaston county but will travel to charlotte or hickory nc

Old 02-21-2009, 09:54 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,434,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyann View Post
does anyone know where you can take a concealed weapon class in north carolina,i've only found 1 shooting range that offers the class. i live in gaston county but will travel to charlotte or hickory nc
Shooter's Express is probably the closest to you.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,745 times
Quote:
You can sign up at Hyatt's Gun Shop on Wilkerson Blvd. Give them a call for dates. There are dozens of places around the Charlotte area. They run from $60-$150. This is for the classroom and firing range qualification which requires hitting the target on the 25 ft. pistol range 50 times. It is a good course generally. But, there are plenty of places around. The only problem with the course at Hyatts is that it is too popular. The Friday morning I went, there were almost 100 people there, standing room only in the classroom.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:28 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,745 times
Guns on campus should "only" be allowed to those that have a conceiled permit. Having them conceiled makes it a mystery to anyone planning an act of terrorism. The average unexperienced individual is nothing but a accident waiting to happen. Public schools are just about as dangerous and "nobody" is allowed to even have a weapon in their car.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 AM
LLN

4,976 posts, read 8,715,931 times
Quote:
I am sure the Hyatt Gun Shop on Wilkinson Blvd has them. The problem of course, is that in that area, you need a concealed weapon, loaded, to get there safely!

lln

Old 02-22-2009, 06:42 PM

171 posts, read 211,681 times
Why stop at guns? we need a whorehouse, we need more horses on the dirt roads, we need to reopen the gold mines, etc. we wont need more preachers, though, we got enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte