U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I saw they are having a First Flush Festival on May 17th . What is this festival about I keep having this image of new hire plumbers showing up .. hehe
Sunny, you are toooooo much!

The first tea leaves of the season . . . and it is a great trip!!! I will definitely be doing this trip again . . . You and Pookie need to head to C-ton and check this out while there . . .also Middleton Plantation . . . that was a rice plantation and great displays on the history of the manse, farm operation and the slaves who made it all possible. I think they also produced indigo there??? Anyway, they used to have an afternoon tea on the plantation grounds in the little dining area. . . I have eaten there several times. A nice afternoon trip . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Well at 8:22am I was still asleep. Actually I am sitting now at my desk drinking Marsala Chai that I picked up yesterday from Teavana at South Park Mall. I also picked up some Earl Grey Creme. It has blue coneflowers in it. The clerk mislabeled the cans, so instead of the wonderful scent of bergamot this morning I had to make do with cardamom. Oh well.

The link you are looking for is this one.
Welcome to La-tea-da's! (http://www.lateadas.com/index.html - broken link)

Here is where I buy my teas.
Teavana Teas: Green Tea, Oolong Tea, Black Tea, White Tea, Herbal Tea and more

When I lived in Massachusetts I loved taking the T into Cambridge & going here.
Tealuxe, a tea bar & cafe. Your online source for tea

Charleston Tea Plantation
Bigelow Tea - Charleston Tea Gardens (http://www.bigelowtea.com/act/ - broken link)
There you are, Barking! I was wondering if you would be out to play today, LOL!!! I was counting on your input on this thread!! Thank you for all the wonderful links . . .

I am very curious about Salara . . .

I have never had Earl Grey Creme. The bergamot in Earl Grey is what keeps me coming back . . . I just LOVE the scent as well as the flavor. Bergamot is one of my favorite scents - as is jasmine. Heavenly.

I drink Green Tea more like water - just b/c I have heard it is supposed to be good for me.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,432,978 times
The tea plantation is definitely worth a visit. The tea produced there makes a great sweet tea, especially enjoyable with Benne wafers. I'd like to go back down & visit. I haven't been to Charleston in a couple years.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I would love to find a great tea house down there! I was down in Savannah in March last year and had high tea at a tea house for the first time and loved it. Bought some Savannah Grey there and it has become my favorite. I need to call them and see if I can get some shipped up here.

I don't drink coffee at all (love the smell, but can't stand the taste), but I love my tea. My favorites are Earl Grey and English Teatime. I also like English Breakfast sometimes. I've been into trying some new flavors lately and would love to find somewhere to do that.

Even my daughter is getting to like it more. Once she tried "real" tea, she was hooked. I would love to take her to tea when she finally gets down there to visit.
Check out the links here! I hope you will be able to find the place you want for your afternoon tea out w/ your daughter! What a nice tradition.

I started doing this w/ my son when he turned four. He says these are some of the happy memories he still recalls of special days out w/ Momma. I tried to take him to "tea" in every city we visited. Now he does this w/ his girlfriend. Makes me feel I introduced him to something he will enjoy sharing for the rest of his life.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:18 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,432,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
There you are, Barking! I was wondering if you would be out to play today, LOL!!! I was counting on your input on this thread!! Thank you for all the wonderful links . . .

I am very curious about Salara . . .

I have never had Earl Grey Creme. The bergamot in Earl Grey is what keeps me coming back . . . I just LOVE the scent as well as the flavor. Bergamot is one of my favorite scents - as is jasmine. Heavenly.

I drink Green Tea more like water - just b/c I have heard it is supposed to be good for me.
Jasmine tea makes a wonderful sweet tea as well. Thai House II at the Tower Place Shops serves it & it is very refreshing, especially with a serving of their sticky rice & mango.

Green teas, well I've heard the same about them as you have, I just can't get past the lack of flavor. They can be very spendy too. I'll stick with the extremely high caffeine teas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte