Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 05:58 PM

22 posts, read 49,807 times

Advertisements

I am having trouble finding a month to month rental (that also allows a small dog). My real estate agent found ONE (in Dilworth) in my price range, but it was snapped up already. If anyone has any suggestions....
more detail:
Loved the Dilworth area, but would rent anywhere (SAFE) that is within 30 minutes of Uptown.
I wanted to buy but didn't have enough time on my visit to Charlotte a few months ago, so I would prefer month to month renting. I'll buy after I get down there and can look more thoroughly. Otherwise I will have to break a lease/lose deposit once I find my own place.
Must allow dogs (8 pounder).
Single female very concerned about a safe place to walk a dog after dark.
Would prefer the rent to be in the $800 or less range (would rather save my money for the downpayment on my own house).
Would prefer 900 SF or more so I do not have to also rent a temp controlled storage facility for the rest of my stuff.
Unfamiliar with any areas other than those shown to me by my real estate agent: Dilworth, Myers Park, Elizabeth, NoDA, Uptown. Willing to rent anywhere that is relatively close to Uptown and safe, since it's only temporary.
Doesn't matter if it's an apartment, condo or house.
My timeline is flexible.
Thank you so much in advance to anyone that has any suggestions!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 07:59 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,465,351 times
We looked at Strawberry Hill on Providence Road. It came down to either them or a rental house...we took the rental house just because we wanted a house over an apartment. It's in a very nice area with many conveniences near by. They were a 6 month commitment then month to month forever after. I have a friend who lived there 13 years on this basis. The place was really nice. I don't know about rent on a place that size, but our 3/3 was going to be about $1300 a month. Looking at their posted rates, it looks like you could find something in your range. They do allow pets.

The one thing to remember is they require something like 2 or 4 week notice to move in. It was putting us in a pinch since we needed a place very quickly. Leave plenty of time between your lease signing and move date to allow for this.

Marsh Properties ~ Strawberry Hill Apartments (http://www.strawberryhillapts.com/index_flash.htm - broken link)

Old 04-25-2008, 06:49 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,570 times
We are moving to the Denver area and were looking for a month to month. The only thing I was able to find was a short term 3 month lease then month to month. Not bad, by the time you find your house and close it could easily be 3 months. We also considered staying at a hotel if our house(which is being built) was going to be ready sooner then expected.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:00 PM

Mettalisteve,
Thank you so much for your information. I went to the link you provided and the prices are right! The location is right. I will contact them. Thank you so much!
sophiegirl

Old 04-25-2008, 05:02 PM

ssd3,
Thank you also for your response to my plea for help. Would you happen to remember the name of the place that does the 3 month lease?
sophiegirl

Old 04-26-2008, 07:54 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiegirl View Post
ssd3,
Thank you also for your response to my plea for help. Would you happen to remember the name of the place that does the 3 month lease?
sophiegirl
Sophiegirl,
The place I was referring to is in Denver. I don't think it is in the area you are looking at. I just mentioned it to let you know that some places offer 3 month leases(short term) as opposed to asking for a month to month. I don't know anything about the place, we won't be moving in until July if they have availability. They won't let me reserve an apartment this far in advance for short term. My friend is in property management I will check with her to see if she knows of anything in the area you are looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte