Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 06:27 PM

22 posts, read 49,796 times

Advertisements

Probably moving to Charlotte this summer from out of state and looking for the "scoop" from Charlotte pharmacists. Don't only want to hear opinions of recruiters and directors of pharmacy/HR.

Such as... what is the culture like in hospital pharmacy settings? if it varies depending on the hospital, can you fill me in on the various hospitals? (and let me know if the conversation needs to be taken offline); is retail hectic, like everywhere else?; are there many alternative practice setting jobs available for pharmacists? (specialty pharmacies, corporate, consulting, other); is there a shortage in Charlotte?; is the pay competitive? (of course the recruiters are saying it is); do you enjoy being a pharmacist in Charlotte? is there alot of per diem work available for those that may not want to commit to one job until she has had a chance to get to know the area and the pharmacy scene? And anything else you could think of to say would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 06:34 PM

12 posts, read 34,966 times
Im graduating in a couple of weeks and will hopefully be a Pharmacist in Charlotte soon. Im thinking of going hospital first. The pay is not as good here for pharmacists as it is in other areas due to a lot of people wanting to move here. There are quite a few pharmacists from my school headed to this general area.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:36 PM

22 posts, read 49,796 times
cupharmD,
Which other areas are you referring to (as being better paying)? The only other area I have checked pay is Asheville, and it was much lower than the other places I have lived (out of state). I have a friend in Greenville, SC, and will be in touch with her soon with my millions of questions. I'm a transplanted southerner in Massachusetts and the places I have considered to move are Charlotte, Asheville, Greenville and Charleston (primarily because I have family in Boiling Spring and on Lake Toxaway). Congratulations on your graduation! It was alot of hard work!!
sophiegirl

Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM

12 posts, read 34,966 times
As far as retail goes if your willing to go to the Triad area- Greensboro, Winston-Salem they are offering more paywise for both retail and hospital. Retail you will definitely get a sign on bonus here where Charlotte you usually will not unless you go with Rite-Aid or agree to drive way out of the way like Shelby (I have a friend doing this). I applied recently to the hospital in Greenville. I have heard negative things for young professionals about that area from a friend, however that friend has previously lived in places like Cali, DC, and Chapel Hill. I would think Charleston would pay less due to having a pharmacy school there but I may be wrong.

Thanks for the congrats it hasnt sunken in yet that I no longer have to go to school.... if you need any contact information for the retail DM's I can probably help ya out just let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte