U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:56 AM

7,928 posts, read 17,752,740 times

Advertisements

stmarteen,

You are going to love it, WE are going to hang out and have fun and make OUR OWN new Family, as Ive told you well my sister called last night "we were at Dancing With The Stars on Tour" anyway she must have not remembered or whatever well she called to talk to my children....omg you had to hear her tone....oh well when the kids get home from school today I will have them call her....and You arent going to fail however Just stay positive...Ive learned that they love to say "I TOLD YA SO especially my family they are waiting for me to call them and tell them Once we start living there that we hate it....oh well...

No you cant win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 10:01 AM

476 posts, read 1,451,070 times
We are still very new with the family situation having only told my family this past weekend. In the 4 days since though my mom has been throwing different things at me. "Well no snow here but Charlotte is having some", "why leave a good job here and start anew". It is frustrating and hurtful and DH says I need to give her time. I feel she is not setting a good tone for the last few months we all have here together. Am I being unreasonable? I also feel I am going to fall into not wanting to share any potential negatives so that I don't have to hear the proverbial "I told you so". Thank God I have all of you guys, you don't even know what it means to me.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Ditto Laurie..Im right there with ya..

Staci

Old 02-02-2007, 12:26 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,545,691 times
I feel so bad for all of you having trouble with your families...but keep the chin up. You need to do what's best for you and your family!

BTW, snow is pretty much gone today

I even went outside to play with my kids yesterday. Figure I could handle that since it's only like once every 3 years

Old 02-02-2007, 12:33 PM

Your too funny my friend...hey your from NY I would think that you would want to play in the snow..LOL im sure the kids enjoyed it, glad the snow is gone, we got a dusting last night and THE GROUND HOG DIDNT SEE HIS SHADOW...YEAH Spring is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Staci maybe NOW MY HOUSE WILL SELL...hahahahahahah

Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM

4,093 posts, read 10,146,222 times
We have never moved near family, so we are definitely the wrong people to ask!

My husband grew up in Michigan and hasn't lived there since age 22. I grew up in Africa and then went to the West Coast.

To me, living in the same country where I can call or fly easily is like living near family! And we really don't have a desire to live near DH's family. In fact, no matter where we live, it is the wrong place, according to his mother!

Dawn

Old 02-02-2007, 08:36 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,163,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
We have never moved near family, so we are definitely the wrong people to ask!

My husband grew up in Michigan and hasn't lived there since age 22. I grew up in Africa and then went to the West Coast.

To me, living in the same country where I can call or fly easily is like living near family! And we really don't have a desire to live near DH's family. In fact, no matter where we live, it is the wrong place, according to his mother!

Dawn
Dawn, where in Africa did you grow up? I grew up in a small town in the suburbs of Johannesburg, South Africa. My parents have no problem with us moving...it's my husband's family that's having a bit of an issue....

Old 02-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I feel so bad for all of you having trouble with your families...but keep the chin up. You need to do what's best for you and your family!

BTW, snow is pretty much gone today

I even went outside to play with my kids yesterday. Figure I could handle that since it's only like once every 3 years
Thanks for the support, south.charlotte&union. Isn't today your Birthday?

Old 02-02-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
stmarteen,

You are going to love it, WE are going to hang out and have fun and make OUR OWN new Family, as Ive told you well my sister called last night "we were at Dancing With The Stars on Tour" anyway she must have not remembered or whatever well she called to talk to my children....omg you had to hear her tone....oh well when the kids get home from school today I will have them call her....and You arent going to fail however Just stay positive...Ive learned that they love to say "I TOLD YA SO especially my family they are waiting for me to call them and tell them Once we start living there that we hate it....oh well...

No you cant win
That's so nice NJmom, I'm sending you an e-mail....haven't you noticed that your sister is just jealous? She started this whole process and you're the one who is following through. Good for you!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:04 PM

I just sent someone a birthday card.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or