U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:51 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,663,584 times

Advertisements

Where do you live? you can Dm if you would like. I am in Union County too and we are all on edge. I am actually back in PA now and Charlotte has hit the news waves here saying that they suburbs are hitting the highest spike and how the revolving door just continues! it is crazy..my friends all wonder why we moved there and I am constantly saying I swear it was not this bad a year ago!

As for the rest of the topic I don't think anywhere else is having their suburbs flooded with thugs day in and day out like the Charlotte burbs are now. These guys just don't care about anyone and we are all just sitting ducks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,711,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Let them come and try to rob me. I'll handle that real quick. I'm thinking that once the homeowners start picking these people off like fleas with their guns, it will stop. The police are way understaffed here and some people are willing to do anything to protect their family. Do you really think a judge is going to throw someone in jail for killing someone who was in their house who's been arrested 30+ times?? I think not. Now I know the cops are saying to not take matter into your own hands but WTF???? It's you and/or your family against some POS. I choose my life any day.

I'm so excited! It will be live target practice
AMEN!

A man was being car jacked about 3-4 years back on Independence Blvd and he shot the car jacker and killed him. The judge found him "not guilty" by means of self defense. I say shoot to kill the low lifes!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:06 PM

672 posts, read 1,646,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
AMEN!

A man was being car jacked about 3-4 years back on Independence Blvd and he shot the car jacker and killed him. The judge found him "not guilty" by means of self defense. I say shoot to kill the low lifes!
How odd is that though that the self defender actually gets up in front of the judge and his case is not dismissed. He actually gets a ruling. How ironic. Yet, these street thugs, like the career criminal who killed the 92 year old woman, get arrested and then get released and have charges dropped and dismissed a good portion of the time.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:10 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,841,612 times
That's right 704! If someone is in your house and you are home, you SHOULD have every right to defend yourself. EVEN if they turn around and you shoot them in the back. Maybe you couldn't find the gun or you were freaking out..They were still in your house!!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 PM

117 posts, read 351,275 times
You guys are hilarious! But on the serious tip I think I should go get a gun permit! I'm new here to Charlotte and it seems like every time I watch the news it feels like I'm watching another episode of COPS...WTF!! But I can say that I have had the joy of enjoying Charlotte since I've arrived!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,874,604 times
I have a gun, but what good is that going to do against three guys with shotguns? I might pick one off, but after that I'm a goner! I guess I should start keeping the 12 gauge nearby? Problem is I'm fairly certain it would knock me on my ass.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBound View Post
You guys are hilarious! But on the serious tip I think I should go get a gun permit! I'm new here to Charlotte and it seems like every time I watch the news it feels like I'm watching another episode of COPS...WTF!! But I can say that I have had the joy of enjoying Charlotte since I've arrived!
I swear, RB, things are truly stirred up here right now - this is not what we are used to here in CLT!!! Weird stuff w/ thugs!!!

I feel certain we are going to get this mess w/ the criminals under control. Everyone is fed up. Sorry you have been bombarded since getting here. Really, we are usually not so focused on things like - is CLT getting as bad as ATL!!!! Truly!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM

Sopialee-Thats why you should go to the gun range and practice so you can get used to the kick. It's not THAT bad if you know how to stand and brace the butt of it.

I'd rather die trying then doing nothing. At least I would have killed 1 and thats 1 less repeat offender still on the streets! You're probably going to end up getting shot, raped and/or both anyways so why not give it your all???

Old 04-28-2008, 01:59 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,874,604 times
True.

There used to be a Ladies Day at the shooting range back home. Half off on Wednesdays! Lol

Old 04-28-2008, 02:03 PM

I believe theres half off on tuesday for ladies here. I think it would be good if the store offered a class to just ladies so we all could get together and learn the good and bad and how to handle a gun, etc. They'd get tons of business and we could all learn together with no pressure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte