Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM

10 posts, read 7,920 times

Advertisements

no brainer = charlotte

and i live in orlando
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 07:43 PM

207 posts, read 926,028 times
I lived and worked in Charlotte and now live and work in Orlando. My family and I prefer Orlando over Charlotte. There is so much more to see and do here, even excluding Disney.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM

"There is so much more to see and do here, even excluding Disney."

although i agree, there are probably more things to do in orlando, it doesnt even begin to compare to the amount of aggrevation one goes through by living here. so, more to do in orlando? perhaps, but that really depends on the individual. how often can you enjoy those things, b/c i hope whatever it is, it's inside in the summer months. more to see? i guess, if strip malls, gas stations, concrete, tolls, and white flight is ur thing.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM

Millions of vistors come every year (summer, winter, spring, & fall) to briefly enjoy what is available to me everyday. Many of them would love to stay, especally those from the UK (there is a large and growing British community in the Orlando area), if given the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFloridian View Post
"There is so much more to see and do here, even excluding Disney."

although i agree, there are probably more things to do in orlando, it doesnt even begin to compare to the amount of aggrevation one goes through by living here. so, more to do in orlando? perhaps, but that really depends on the individual. how often can you enjoy those things, b/c i hope whatever it is, it's inside in the summer months. more to see? i guess, if strip malls, gas stations, concrete, tolls, and white flight is ur thing.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:08 PM

Ur right about that, many ppl from the UK. I know them when I see them b/c the men are usually wearing capris! LOL!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock67 View Post
I lived and worked in Charlotte and now live and work in Orlando. My family and I prefer Orlando over Charlotte. There is so much more to see and do here, even excluding Disney.
Forget all the touristy stuff....tell me what there is to do in Orlando (so much more).....

Probably 25-50% of people want out of Florida.....not that way in Charlotte!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:04 PM

ur right the 704,

i myself, a NATIVE floridian still love PARTS of florida, but many want out. it isnt the same florida anymore. so many ppl have ruined many parts of the state, bringing the crap they left from wherever they came from to our doorstep. many ppl here are fed up. i still consider parts of florida awesome, especially parts of northern florida, but south florida, orlando and tampa (imo) are more like ny, nj, or latin america now. it sucks seeing good ppl leave b/c of what many parts of florida has become, and good people that want what florida used to be like moving out, and being replaced by ....................... nevermind.

its actually sad, florida used to be like nc.

Last edited by BornFloridian; 05-01-2008 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: sp.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:57 PM

In my broad opinion, one of the main differences between Charlotte and Orlando (which may apply to Florida in general) are the locals. The Charlotte locals seem to embrace change and growth with open arms; however, the Orlando locals want to scare off outsiders and wish they could turn back the clock ten or twenty years to the good old days. As a result, a lot of them are frustrated with all the unwanted change and new people and feel they are being pushed out economically and socially, so many move to neighboring states seeking new cultural homes. That's the way I see it.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Hurricanes are a real threat in Florida. I lived most of my life i n New Orleans and I cannot count the times I packed up what I could and left the city for higher ground. Remember Hurricane Andrew? Took out most of middle Fla. including Homestead AFB. Charlotte might be brushed by a hurricane but it's nothing like being the 1st land the thing hits!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:29 PM

46 posts, read 141,860 times
anyone who says with confidence that Charlotte is better than Orlando is drinking the kool-aid. I mean Charlotte is a rural place with a small downtown and a few bank headquarters. Orlando is much bigger and close to 3 other huge metros, the beaches and has Theme parks galore. Lets get real people. Stop shaving the goat Charlotte bandwagoners!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte