U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 PM

56 posts, read 104,252 times
Question Fort Mill or Union County?

Okay so I'm still undecided??? Now I'm looking at homes in Baxter vs. Cureton? Much more house for the money in Baxter but which schools are better? Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 07:38 PM

7,169 posts, read 11,999,333 times
Union County schools are top notch just speaking from experience..sorry I dont have any expereince in SC schools...but you can go to go greatschools.net and compare the 2 areas as Ive done that when I was researching...and Cureton is beautiful with great amenities..I hear baxter villiage is also very nice...

Old 04-27-2008, 07:44 PM

803 posts, read 1,419,939 times
Is there still an enrollment freeze at the school located at Baxter? We heard that when we were looking, saved us a ride to SC. You may want to post on the SC thread.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:02 PM

21 posts, read 45,452 times
We are currently debating the same thing! Not so much Cureton as Brookhaven vs. Baxter or the Reserve at Gold Hill in Fort Mill.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:46 PM

776 posts, read 2,138,334 times
I'd pick union county over Ft. Mill.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:49 AM

744 posts, read 1,443,305 times
Fort Mill is much better and the commute is alot easer! We have lived in Baxter for almost 2 years and love it! Gold Hill and Orchard Park Elm is frozen, but should be open again in the 2009 school year. We have 2 new elm schools currently being built, one on Pleasant Hill and the other across from the new Nations Fort High School. Our property tax is much lower than Union county...
In my opinion Fort Mill has much more to offer.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 AM

175 posts, read 377,489 times
I would definitely choose Union County...the schools are fabulous and it is in NC!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:29 AM

2,480 posts, read 5,909,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svross View Post
Okay so I'm still undecided??? Now I'm looking at homes in Baxter vs. Cureton? Much more house for the money in Baxter but which schools are better? Anyone?
Hmmm....let's see...I'm wondering how the responses will stack up since you pose this question on the Charlotte NC forum????...might you even receive a different response if you ask this same question on the York County SC subforum???? - Me thinks so!!

Honestly though...after reading all your past posts (where you currently live, location, childrens ages).....I go along with several of the other posters that have suggested to just stay where you are, and add onto to your existing home (I think you will be much happier).

Best to you and yours with what ever you decide!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 AM

529 posts, read 1,329,507 times
I don't have any experience in SC, but as far as Union... the school system is amazing. Given what they accomplish with funding that is half that of CMS on a per pupil basis; UCPS does a great job. I have heard good things about SC schools, but since the systems are not as defined (several systems within one county), you could get different results and expectations all within the same county.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 AM

2,560 posts, read 5,593,013 times
Fort Mill all the way. Fort Mill schools are TOPS in the metro area.

Compare test scores...I am sure Fort Mill beats Union County in every category.

GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte