U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 PM

35,349 posts, read 42,242,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
This is the cold front coming through....
Oh, yeah! That is why we are having the "weather," LOL. I guess this means a chilly, soggy walk w/ Miss Scarlett this evening . . .
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
WHAT?

You mean people in Charlotte drive to fast in the rain, tailgate & don't use signals.....NO!
NEVER! And they don't all stop and gape when someone has an accident, thus tying up traffic even more!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 PM

5,232 posts, read 3,806,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No one is creating panic. The weathermen and meterologists are doing their jobs. As I stated earlier (but evidently you did not GET) not everyone has sirens in this region, including me - and I am right here in S. CLT. My parents do not have a warning where they live; neither does my sister; neither does my best friend. So the only chance they have of even KNOWING about a warning is A. if someone calls them B. if they happen to have their TV on or C. if they have a weather radio.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of citizens in this region who have no sirens and so . . . if the meterologists do not come on TV and explain the urgency of the situation, people simply will not know what is going on.

Maybe you will have the chance to see what it is like here when the power is off for five or more days in the middle of the winter, since you seem to think everyone over-reacts here.

When it comes to flooding rain and tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms, you can NEVER be warned enough. I think they do a heck of a job here with the coverage. HOWEVER, when it comes to snow??????? EXAGGERATION CITY....Its more a HOPE than a forecast. They never seem to get it right because the thought of snow gets eveyone either excited, or freaked out. Snow forecasting here in Charlotte is poor to pathetic, severe weather reporting is very very good.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:35 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,930,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Why do the weathermen create a panic and put us in a panic mode. I removed all the lawn furniture only to have sprinkles. Sirens were going off here in Rock Hill.

Having lived in western new york during the blizard of 77 we had alot worse storms there as opposed to what I see here. Just my observation.
Wow! How much lawn furniture do you have to get your undies all tied up in a knot? I live in NY and I'm here to tell you that I would rather move lawn furniture around than shovel 3 feet of shinow. (SP?)

Arriving in CLT tomorrow and hope Delta can find the airport.
LOL at lifes' priorities.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Wow! How much lawn furniture do you have to get your undies all tied up in a knot? I live in NY and I'm here to tell you that I would rather move lawn furniture around than shovel 3 feet of shinow. (SP?)

Arriving in CLT tomorrow and hope Delta can find the airport.
LOL at lifes' priorities.
We'll have the runway lit for you, Johne, so FEAR NOT! Nasty weather will have dissipated by the time you get here . . . bring a sweater in case it gets a bit chilly, LOL.

Let us know when you get here and have time to check in.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
When it comes to flooding rain and tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms, you can NEVER be warned enough. I think they do a heck of a job here with the coverage. HOWEVER, when it comes to snow??????? EXAGGERATION CITY....Its more a HOPE than a forecast. They never seem to get it right because the thought of snow gets eveyone either excited, or freaked out. Snow forecasting here in Charlotte is poor to pathetic, severe weather reporting is very very good.
Snow isn't the problem - ice is.

Just grin and bear it and go buy your extra toilet paper like the rest of us.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 PM

5,232 posts, read 3,806,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Snow isn't the problem - ice is.

Just grin and bear it and go buy your extra toilet paper like the rest of us.
NO way..the day i stock up for an inch of snow .......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte