Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:33 PM

457 posts, read 1,376,884 times

Advertisements

Great job Ani...I'll take all the warnings the weather folks can provide us..with tornadoes, you just never know there path....blizzards on the other hand yo basically know where they are going....lets see Blizzard vs. Tornado, hmmmmmm, I'll take a blizzard anytime, experienced dozens back in Jersey..

Keep up the good work Ani...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 12:36 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Not sure why this posted twice, but I'm editing to say something new - SOMETHING NEW!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Great job Ani...I'll take all the warnings the weather folks can provide us..with tornadoes, you just never know there path....blizzards on the other hand yo basically know where they are going....lets see Blizzard vs. Tornado, hmmmmmm, I'll take a blizzard anytime, experienced dozens back in Jersey..

Ani, I did not have the radio or tv on this morning. Your thread was the only thing that alerted me to the impending weather, as I had c-d minimized while I was working and occasionally checking in. It was rough here for a few minutes! THANK YOU my friend

Old 04-28-2008, 12:38 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, hello there, 7oh4! Doing quite well, despite the storms this morning. And yes, I did hang out in my powder room downstairs for 10 mins w/ Miss Scarlett. (I took my laptop w/ me and actually signed a contract via email during the alert, LOL!!!) I also took my favorite pair of shoes - a darling pair of Ferragamos and my best purse - that I worried would be blown away in case of a direct hit. I am sure you can appreciate my priorities.

I hope you and the kitties are fine . . . or maybe you are at your new daily location now?

So kind of you to drop in and add to the conversation. As usual, it is much appreciated.
Not to get off topic...but start working in Toringdon Thursday May 1st. At least I am blessed with a good job & benefits so I will not complain and be OK!

No longer walking to work each day but that is OK!

Partner & killer cats are doing fine. We got rid of 4 out of 6 kittens so far that someone dumped in 4th Ward Park...I would like to dump their a**!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Not to get off topic...but start working in Toringdon Thursday May 1st. At least I am blessed with a good job & benefits so I will not complain and be OK!

No longer walking to work each day but that is OK!

Partner & killer cats are doing fine. We got rid of 4 out of 6 kittens so far that someone dumped in 4th Ward Park...I would like to dump their a**!
I am so glad you rescued the kitties. People can be such jerks, but the good Lord knew where to send them . . . knew you would take them in til you found them homes . . . and b/f this storm hit, too!!!!

Let us know how your commute goes once you start the new job.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani, I did not have the radio or tv on this morning. Your thread was the only thing that alerted me to the impending weather, as I had c-d minimized while I was working and occasionally checking in. It was rough here for a few minutes! THANK YOU my friend
I thought there could be people who do what you and I do, Loves, and keep CD on their desktop in the background. I would not have known about it, either, but my weather radio screamed at me!

I also worry that newcomers don't know to take this stuff seriously. I just know what it was like for me when I moved to KS - and didn't know what the heck was going on the first time sirens sounded, LOL.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:30 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
I'm not sure if anyone else can see this, but from the window next to my desk at my office off of Tyvola Road, the clouds blowing by are really neat!

Yeah... first day back at work and getting a lot done, LOL!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post

Hey, Uncgdad! Thank you for weighing in. I prefer being prepared for weather situations, too. So much in life one cannot be prepared for - the things I can respond to and be ready for . . . I like to know about.

I experienced many a blizzard b/f I moved back here, too. Kansas is kinda known for - uh- challenging weather, LOL!!! I am so grateful our winter was so mild this year . . .

This storm system has moved on east and I just heard on CNN that they are reporting a tornado has touched down - I think near Jacksonville, NC. May have the town wrong. Sure hope everyone is ok there.

You know- I am not sure what cities in the state have sirens - or if ANY city in the state has sirens. Anyone know???

Old 04-28-2008, 01:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am so glad you rescued the kitties. People can be such jerks, but the good Lord knew where to send them . . . knew you would take them in til you found them homes . . . and b/f this storm hit, too!!!!

Let us know how your commute goes once you start the new job.
I am gonna post a bulletin Uptown & Toringdon about the 2 beautiful male kittens left. I am sure that all the animal lovers that we have at work...someone will take them.

I can not believe that people actually get pets and don't have them fixed....HORRIBLE parents!

If you can't afford the up keep of a pet...then DON'T get one...right?

Will let you know about the commute on Thursday. It will be OK!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else can see this, but from the window next to my desk at my office off of Tyvola Road, the clouds blowing by are really neat!

Yeah... first day back at work and getting a lot done, LOL!
Wonder if there is a city cam anywhere around where you are??? I love checking out city cams, LOL. As I have stated before, I am easily entertained!!!

You know - it is time for an afternoon break, anyway, Ctri!!! Watching the clouds seems like a nice way to reduce Monday stress . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte