U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:04 PM

175 posts, read 494,485 times

Advertisements

That is nice. I feel that way too. I grew up in New England but finally when I moved here to CLT (well, technically Waxhaw) I felt like I had found my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 02:17 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,704,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro2008 View Post
That is nice. I feel that way too. I grew up in New England but finally when I moved here to CLT (well, technically Waxhaw) I felt like I had found my home.
And that is a great feeling.

I am from NC but not Charlotte. We have moved away from Charlotte 2 times and always move back. This is our 3rd time back in Charlotte and will stay here until retirement. Then it will either be Asheville or Wilmington.

Welcome to Charlotte!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:44 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,744,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
I think I had a bit of an epiphany this weekend.

On Thursday night, I traveled up to NJ to visit my family and attend my best friend's bachelorette party (that's a story for another thread - LOL). I was very excited for the trip and looked forward to it for weeks and weeks.

I had a wonderful long weekend spending time with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law and my four-month old niece. I also got to visit with my grandmother and had a great reunion with friends at the party that I hadn't seen in a long, long time. Reconnecting with everyone felt really good.

But, do you know what I kept saying? Things like... I can't wait for you to come visit us in Charlotte. When you come to Charlotte on business, make sure you call me and we'll go see x, y, and z. I'll call you when I get home to Charlotte.

"When I get home to Charlotte."

Dang. It hit me. Charlotte IS my home! I'm proud of it and can't wait to share it with friends and family back home.

That felt GOOD!

And I just wanted to share it with y'all.

The End.
We went back to NJ for thanksgiving after living here 6.5 months and let me tell you by thanksgiving evening we were ALL ready come back to charlotte as it certainly is home for our family, it was very strange as my family couldnt understand why...

Old 04-28-2008, 06:43 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,685,281 times
Home is where the Heart is....welcome home.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,546,208 times
When a sense of peace and contentment comes to you, you know you are home.

Welcome home!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:38 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,660,845 times
Default I love that NJ post

Grew up going to the Jersey beaches and NC beaches just can't compare...love those boardwalk fries!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,855,256 times
The shore definitely has it's charms... but I'm ready for a quieter beach experience now. I've only been to the Outer Banks once (on a day trip from Raleigh, bad idea!) but I did love how peaceful some of the places we visited were.

We didn't see any men in a Speedo, either! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
Grew up going to the Jersey beaches and NC beaches just can't compare...love those boardwalk fries!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:04 AM

Thanks, bitbit! I think you hit the nail on the head with your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
When a sense of peace and contentment comes to you, you know you are home.

Welcome home!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,969,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
The shore definitely has it's charms... but I'm ready for a quieter beach experience now. I've only been to the Outer Banks once (on a day trip from Raleigh, bad idea!) but I did love how peaceful some of the places we visited were.

We didn't see any men in a Speedo, either! LOL
OMG - Speedos!!! Horror of horrors! I thought no one but Europeans were clinging (as it were) to Speedos these days!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 AM

Sadly, you can see men wearing Speedos at the Jersey Shore, ani! I always make sure to bring my darkest sunglasses with me if I'm every down the shore. Otherwise, I feel like my retinas will get scarred or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
OMG - Speedos!!! Horror of horrors! I thought no one but Europeans were clinging (as it were) to Speedos these days!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or