U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,638,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Oh snap! I knew that was coming too!

I can't take the donnybrook that is brewing on the RE forum anymore so I thought I would drop by here!
oh, so your one of those "hit (post) and run" guys to stir up trouble????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 12:59 PM

9,564 posts, read 8,848,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is not old news - this is current. As recent as February we were one of 3 states with rising prices, now the other two has leveled off and we are the only one left as of the end of March.
Ok..try selling your house

Old 04-29-2008, 01:00 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Ok..try selling your house
My neighbor sold his (condo) in 2 weeks or less!

Depends on where you are!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
My neighbor sold his (condo) in 2 weeks or less!
Bully for him..thats not the norm..

Old 04-29-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Bully for him..thats not the norm..

No GREAT for him!

Location, Location, Location!!!

You have heard it a million times!

He also got full asking price!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:07 PM

2,193 posts, read 4,534,900 times
i've been looking at homes, and all of them were on the market for a very long time and ALL had price reductions. A few of them sold though. But some were taken off the market bc they were there for so long. I did however put in an offer on a house and lost. I was surprised about that one.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:29 PM

830 posts, read 1,314,981 times
The tear down thing is not unique to Charlotte, but it's not all that common either. There are definitely some things working in Charlotte's favor - namely established in-town neighborhoods with a decent amount of land/yard space and good schools. You don't get many cities with that kind of combination, especially in older cities.

While prices may show as going up, we're definitely seeing a big drop in the last few months in the Dilworth/Elizabeth/Freedom Park area that we have been looking. It's on new construction, but re-sales as well. People are not getting the $/SF that they were getting last year, or even 6 months ago...and people who price at those levels are having their homes sit.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
No GREAT for him!

Location, Location, Location!!!

You have heard it a million times!

He also got full asking price!
Ok..so one location with ONE SELLER got his asking price. That is SO not the norm right now. Cmon....

Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Ok..so one location with ONE SELLER got his asking price. That is SO not the norm right now. Cmon....

Can't speak for any area other than my own. Uptown seems to be holding its own and people are selling pretty quick and making money. We have doubled our money in 6 1/2 years...that is pretty fast!

You have to think about resale when you invest in a home! We knew Uptown would be hot for years!

Never said it was the norm.

Not sure where you live so I can't comment.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,913,787 times
As someone who has just purchased a home after receiving daily email updates from realtors for several months, I can tell you that prices are not rising in Charlotte. There are many homes on the market and prices are falling. A well priced terrific home in a great location will sell quickly, but there are many homes sitting unsold facing price reductions that would have been snapped up 2 years ago.

Charlotte housing remains stronger than many U.S. cities, but I don't believe prices are rising. Also, I looked at the index methodology, and I can't explain the rise in the index either! They compare resales of the same homes over time. They also do not consider new homes in the index.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or