Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Oh, a little incrimination is okay from time to time.

Now for your original question: Is CLT for me?

Hmmmmm.

Charlotte is home for me. But I have to tell ya - I left a big ole chunk of my heart back in Kansas. I loved my 'burb - and only 18 mins. to downtown KCMO. Like all places, where I lived had its challenges. The hot hot hot days in the summer. WHEW! And blizzards. We sure had them. But I loved my house, loved my neighborhood . . . so enjoyed the jazz venues and the outside concerts! Oh, so many beautiful evenings at Sandstone . . . and the BIG STORMS! Those clouds looked 1000 miles into the sky, LOL.

So sometimes I get homesick for Kansas. I go back to visit and have wonderful friends who also come see me.

But NC is home. I have kept life-long friends here, too! Plus, the added bonus has been - making new friends.

Charlotte was for me just b/c it is home - family ties - and a lifetime of memories. No place is perfect but the big difference b/n KS and NC (for me) is I can get to the mountains and over to the beach. I think life here, for me, would be even better if I had a sailboat to enjoy on the lakes. We had one in KS b/c we had a lovely little lake nearby. But storing the boat and where to launch it, etc . . . just haven't figured all that out. However, seems a shame to have these wonderful lakes nearby and not use them!

So Charlotte has worked out fine for me.

But for anyone else . . . guess it depends on what you need to make you happy . . . and what you are gonna miss when you move away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: