Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 PM

219 posts, read 588,802 times

Advertisements

If you could have an apartment at colony by southpark mall or at strawberry hill on Providence road....and price was not a factor...but based purely on location...which would you choose????????

(I kinda have to pick by 9am in the morning. We like the floorplan at colony but are concerned that the proximity to the mall will be loud???)

My DEAR DEAR wife...(God grant me strength) likes the idea of the mall but the strawberry website talks of a freshmarket within walking distance and likes the idea of that. In other words....she don't know either. Just want some opinions so tomorrow morning I can flip a coin! ha We don't know a soul up there(except you forum folks) and do not want to be toooooo isolated from social interaction and whatnot!

I know MOUNTIANS....there are both fine!!! hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbest74 View Post
If you could have an apartment at colony by southpark mall or at strawberry hill on Providence road....and price was not a factor...but based purely on location...which would you choose????????

(I kinda have to pick by 9am in the morning. We like the floorplan at colony but are concerned that the proximity to the mall will be loud???)

My DEAR DEAR wife...(God grant me strength) likes the idea of the mall but the strawberry website talks of a freshmarket within walking distance and likes the idea of that. In other words....she don't know either. Just want some opinions so tomorrow morning I can flip a coin! ha We don't know a soul up there(except you forum folks) and do not want to be toooooo isolated from social interaction and whatnot!

I know MOUNTIANS....there are both fine!!! hahahahaha
They really are BOTH fine Here's the thing, if you like walking to shop you can't beat Colony. You will just LOVE the great Harris Teeter flagship store there - some of the best produce! Additionally, you can walk to the mall itself (which is not noisy, not sure why you would think it would be?) and some great restuarants. So, if a pedestrian lifestyle is important I vote for Colony

The freshmarket in front on Strawberry Hills is very nice, but very small. It will do in a pinch, but you really have to still travel to the grocery store for your normal items. I like the neighorhood feel of Strawberry Hills, but it is much more residental there than Colony.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:22 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,734 times
I would choose South Park, but both are great areas. There's just more going on that you could access very easily in that area, in terms of restaurants, shopping, and recreation. If I were renting, though, I wouldn't hesitate to live in either place. I know you said where you were working in other posts, but I can't remember right now. Is that a factor between the two?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:25 PM

Again thanks Mountains.......

The noise factor is based on Orlando and the roads that surround malls......It is a very noisy place. Mind you....my judgements are based on Orlando (or HELL as we like to refer to it! )

I think my wife and I owe you dinner! haha!!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
I would choose South Park, but both are great areas. There's just more going on that you could access very easily in that area, in terms of restaurants, shopping, and recreation. If I were renting, though, I wouldn't hesitate to live in either place. I know you said where you were working in other posts, but I can't remember right now. Is that a factor between the two?

From what I understand from the all knowing "lovemountians" (just joking mountains!!hehe) the commute would be about the same. Will be working at Mercy. I will be going to work at 6 am and coming home round 8. So I usually miss the major rush hour...even in orlando!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:29 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,167 times
i live in strawberry hill. i really like living here. it's very close to the mall driving wise and i like the residential feel of strawberry hill. i personally like living in a residential area and drive to the shopping/restaurants especially after walking for hours from shopping!

the fresh market is onsite at strawberry hill which is nice but a lot of things are very very expensive. but rite aid is right there as well as some restaurants too which is nice.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Again thanks Mountains.......

The noise factor is based on Orlando and the roads that surround malls......It is a very noisy place. Mind you....my judgements are based on Orlando (or HELL as we like to refer to it! )

I think my wife and I owe you dinner! haha!!
The thing is, South Park is a pretty upscale mall - it doesn't attract the hoardes of teens like other malls do. Also, it does not have a movie theater and that helps keep it quiet too

Hey, I'm telling you, I want a meal at the Mercy Hospital cafeteria, love the macaroni and cheeze there!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The thing is, South Park is a pretty upscale mall - it doesn't attract the hoardes of teens like other malls do. Also, it does not have a movie theater and that helps keep it quiet too

Hey, I'm telling you, I want a meal at the Mercy Hospital cafeteria, love the macaroni and cheeze there!

DONE!!! I love me some mac & cheeze!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
i live in strawberry hill. i really like living here. it's very close to the mall driving wise and i like the residential feel of strawberry hill. i personally like living in a residential area and drive to the shopping/restaurants especially after walking for hours from shopping!

the fresh market is onsite at strawberry hill which is nice but a lot of things are very very expensive. but rite aid is right there as well as some restaurants too which is nice.
Yeah, I should have mentioned Red Rocks - love that restaurant and it is RIGHT THERE at Strawberry Hills

Old 04-29-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
From what I understand from the all knowing "lovemountians" (just joking mountains!!hehe) the commute would be about the same. Will be working at Mercy. I will be going to work at 6 am and coming home round 8. So I usually miss the major rush hour...even in orlando!
That time of day you'll be at work in about 10 minutes from either location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte