Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:33 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
We are in K, well I guess it's called Kensington now, on Snapdragon. Near the triangle where all the trees are (corner of Calla Lily and Snapdragon). So I don't think you are too far away! When are you moving in? We will be arriving about midnight the Friday before Memorial Day and staying for the whole week. It's amazing how much stuff you still need to do in a brand new house! Especially if you don't like some of the stuff that they chose to use. We are adding medicine cabinets in the master bath and putting pull out shelves in the kitchen base cabinets and adding an appliance "garage" to the kitchen as well. Plus pull out kits, pull out wastecan and inside the door spice racks.

Originally we weren't going to move until hubby could retire in 5-6 years, but decided to make the move now. At least I will hopefully be moving down soon and hubby will move down either when he finds a job or retires. But we couldn't justify keeping up two houses and paying Pulte Mortgage a bunch of interest money that we could be using ourselves. Here's to hoping that we can dump this place soon and get that mortgage paid off!!
We are closing on the 22nd of May and will not be moving in until the first or second week in June.

We are having hardwoods put in the first week of ownership, then central vac, a pantry and yes we are having the spice rack put in also. Do you have a contractor who is putting in your cabinet changes? Do you mind pm me and letting me know who that party might be?

We had a neighborhood yard sale today and I really Got Rid of SOME STUFF!!! It was awesome. Of course, I still have more to get rid of however
I'm thinking of giving it to charity.

Since I have FINALLY learned that collecting stuff all your life only means that one day you will realize that you can't take it with you and you really didn't need it anyway!! How's that for philosphy???

Old 05-04-2008, 06:29 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Sold Online Ebay Store: Charlotte
iSOLD It of Charlotte 0103 eBay Store About My Store

If you are having a yard sale I would go ahead and post now on craigslist
Be very descriptive what you have to offer to entice a potential buyer to come to your sale.
I listed about everything I had to offer and had people asking for those specific things when they came by and detail area where you are located helps as well.
Good luck.
Took you advice and posted the neighborhood sale and also posted some furniture on Craigslist. Evidently scams are happenning all over craigs because you get a warning each time. My scam letter came today! What a surprise. Luckily I was forewarned and it really was too good to be true!

I have had some success in selling some of my STUFF thanks to Craigs and to you Sunny for your suggestion.

Thanks a bunch!

dunroven

Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 AM

7 posts, read 41,633 times
Smile Help!

Hi, this phone number has since been disconnected. Too bad, because it sounded perfect for me. Anyone know of anything similar to this sort of way to get rid of stuff? I have a couple of days left before I really have to get rid of everything that I wasn't able to sell. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrusselsSprouts View Post
One no muss no fuss way to do it is with a guy who has an office in Birkdale Village above the Brixx Pizza place (Brad).

16915-2A Birkdale Commons Parkway
Huntersville NC 28031 704.987.3229

I have used this service a couple of times, and Brad is great. He takes pictures of everything and manages the whole process for a fee. He ships the products for you. All you need do is make sure you have as much pertinent stuff to go with your stuff if you can...in other words, any instruction manuals, original packaging, etc. and drop it off in Birkdale at his office. Original packaging etc. will increase the value of you stuff, as does stuff being in good condition.

After the auction closes, he collects all monies, and cuts you a check for your portion, and provides you with all the detail. You can watch the auction on e-Bay; Brad will give you the information if you want. Easy as apple pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte