U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 AM

36 posts, read 108,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Okay you win can we keep this on track?
I guess I need to clear this up for those like you who are not understanding my posts.

The title is what will you do with the refund check. My posts are right on track. I am trying to explain(for those interested( not necessarily you)) what the tax rebate check should be spent on, as well as its impact, or potential impact on the economy, and us as individuals.

Trying to go a little more in depth because some people are not sure what to do with the money. Spend or save. And most have no clue how its supposed to impact the markets.
We really don't need people taking personal shots at others, simply because they don't understand something that was posted. Simply ask "whats that got to do with the topic?" And you'd receive an answer. I didn't go off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 07:19 AM

92 posts, read 332,806 times
I'll be putting it in a money market to save for a down payment. My only debt is a student loan at 4.7% and I think I can get a higher return investing it. If I didn't I would put it towards that debt.

The entire economic boom of the last few decades has been based on over borrowing, and everyone living beyond their means. We'd all be better off paying attention to our personal economies.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:31 AM

924 posts, read 1,853,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Yes, there is even a link for the tax rebate status and I'm not even in it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be getting a paper check, which isn't helping me this weekend or next weekend, since my B-day is coming and i want a present.

I did this and it also said I had made an error and there was no information. What is your reason for thinking that you are getting a paper check? We e-filed our taxes and received them in Feb and I don't know of a reason we would get a paper check, but I haven't received mine, either.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 AM

924 posts, read 1,853,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Yes, there is even a link for the tax rebate status and I'm not even in it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be getting a paper check, which isn't helping me this weekend or next weekend, since my B-day is coming and i want a present.

Try again. I just went out again and it says I am getting mine Friday.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:31 AM

743 posts, read 2,024,366 times

New home sales is at the same place it was in 91 before Clinton was elected. Thats a 17 year low. And the value of the dollar is at all time lows against other currencies. (trying to make a recovery the last week)[/quote]

So are you saying we should put another Clinton in office??

Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 AM

5,077 posts, read 13,028,540 times
I and my daugher who is 20 are doing this....
1. paying some bills
2. getting started as Distributors for Slumber Parties!!! Yahooo!! (Slumber Parties, Inc.)

Enough said, LOL. We already have two parties booked, the 2nd of which has 50 sorority girls ready to spend!!! Yes!!

Ok, I'm done.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:35 PM

569 posts, read 1,221,421 times
All of my check will go back into my account to replenish what I just paid the government for last year in taxes. LOL

Old 05-05-2008, 09:40 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,347,414 times

Old 05-06-2008, 08:33 AM

27,903 posts, read 34,347,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Where's My Stimulus Payment?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 PM

928 posts, read 3,530,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Try again. I just went out again and it says I am getting mine Friday.
To answer this and the others, I sucessfully tracked down my stimulus rebate on the IRS.gov website. It clearly said, Paper Check on May 16th. I did file electroncially and used direct deposit, however, I did not get mine on May 2nd. This in my opinion is an issue created through using Turbotax, which is how I filed in Feb. I'm disappointed that things didn't turn out for me quicker, but I am releived to find out our check is in the mail.

It will miss my B-day by a week, but I will find a fab pedicure somewhere afterwards. My money will go to the house rental Company to cover our rent since DH is a teacher and that equals no Dough in June and July! Thanks for all the replies and birthday wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte