Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2006, 07:01 PM

9 posts, read 29,247 times

Advertisements

live in long island,looking for home in union county. Any one know anything about a community called DEMERE in wesley chaple?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 07:18 PM

75 posts, read 321,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcdade6 View Post
live in long island,looking for home in union county. Any one know anything about a community called DEMERE in wesley chaple?
Yes, I know it and have been there on 2 occasions. Their sales hook is EI (Everything Included). It is a small comunity with about 100 plus homes, very small pool, cabana and a playground. Going through the community, we noticed a lot of families, and I believe the community is entering (or has entered) its last phase. If you walk through the models, the salesperson will tell you that everything you see in the model comes standard- corian countertops, appliances, hardwood floors, ceramic tile- EVERYTHING. Now, this is very deceptive. When they say "Everything Included", what you should be hearing is "no upgrades". They won't do granite coutertops, gas ovens, stainless steel appliances, and a number of other things. You CAN have these things done- but it would have to be after construction and at an additional cost.

They're zoned for Wesley Chapel elementary, which right now I hear is overcrowded. There's another new elementary school opening, so that should relieve the overcrowding.

On the plus side, we were impressed with their model (particularly the Windsor) and floorplan. The community is cute, the homes were attractive outside, and it's in a good location (but not as good as Waxhaw and Weddington). The salesgirl we saw (her name was Jenny) was very helpful and pleasant.

We have pictures, if you'd like to see them.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:43 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
I was going to go there u can research it on the internet I wasnt all that impressed...personally, you should look at Cureton, Lawson, Prescott, and a few others..we are coming from Jersey, however originally from Brooklyn then Staten Island..I have to say we are here now this week NC Union County and it was a spur of the moment decision..My husband has a few things in the pipeline for a job, however we need to sell our house....I wish I knew before this trip that it was as beautiful and so not what I expected, its EVEN NICER than what I was anticipating...Anyway, we have been out now 2 days looking at new construction so good luck to you..prices are also going up here very quickly...

Staci

Old 12-29-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janhetman View Post
Yes, I know it and have been there on 2 occasions. Their sales hook is EI (Everything Included). It is a small comunity with about 100 plus homes, very small pool, cabana and a playground. Going through the community, we noticed a lot of families, and I believe the community is entering (or has entered) its last phase. If you walk through the models, the salesperson will tell you that everything you see in the model comes standard- corian countertops, appliances, hardwood floors, ceramic tile- EVERYTHING. Now, this is very deceptive. When they say "Everything Included", what you should be hearing is "no upgrades". They won't do granite coutertops, gas ovens, stainless steel appliances, and a number of other things. You CAN have these things done- but it would have to be after construction and at an additional cost.

They're zoned for Wesley Chapel elementary, which right now I hear is overcrowded. There's another new elementary school opening, so that should relieve the overcrowding.

On the plus side, we were impressed with their model (particularly the Windsor) and floorplan. The community is cute, the homes were attractive outside, and it's in a good location (but not as good as Waxhaw and Weddington). The salesgirl we saw (her name was Jenny) was very helpful and pleasant.

We have pictures, if you'd like to see them.
why waxhaw over wesley chapel?

Old 12-29-2006, 06:21 PM

why waxhaw over wesley chapel?

Old 12-29-2006, 09:10 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
I believe that Demere will be going to be assigned to the new elementary school for the next school year.

What exactly did you mean by Waxhaw vs. Wesley Chapel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte