U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:44 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times

Advertisements

I have always thought this would be a cool thing to do.

I keep meaning to check into this. We could start a City Data Show, LOL.

Here is info on Charlotte's Free Access TV station:

TVACCESS21

What do you think would be an interesting type of program to produce and air on TV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,469,751 times
The girls' night out should be televised.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 PM

392 posts, read 1,077,523 times
Oh, that's funny, Barking. Our grown girls version of The Hills, except this one would be called...The Piedmont.

Ani - expanding on the CD show idea... you could be the host and interview all the CD people. I can just see you...

"My first guest today is Barkingowl. Later in the show we're gonna spread the love with Lovesmountains and Lovethecarolinas. Groove1 is going to be showing us how to get our very own groove on and in the gardening section Couponjack is going to teach us all about gardening with hay bales"

Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 PM

"And after our break, SunnyKayak will paddle on up, followed by Eman and Carolina Guy, with a review of the latest advice on home protection. In our last segment, we will feature Mullman w/ his latest restoration - a vintage BMW.

Next week's show will feature The Emissary, and his collection of Star Trek memorabilia, and a special report from Himain, who has been doing some mystery shopping for us at the best lingerie shops in town. Dunroven will report on her first week at Sun City Carolina Lakes. And to round things out . . . Bibit is bringing her collection of Carolina Face Jugs."

Last edited by brokensky; 05-05-2008 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,507,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
Oh, that's funny, Barking. Our grown girls version of The Hills, except this one would be called...The Piedmont.

Ani - expanding on the CD show idea... you could be the host and interview all the CD people. I can just see you...

"My first guest today is Barkingowl. Later in the show we're gonna spread the love with Lovesmountains and Lovethecarolinas. Groove1 is going to be showing us how to get our very own groove on and in the gardening section Couponjack is going to teach us all about gardening with hay bales"
This is hysterical!!

Okay, here's my idea, I want to see Ani interview Brian about swimming upstream like the salmon back to New York

Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,285,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is hysterical!!

Okay, here's my idea, I want to see Ani interview Brian about swimming upstream like the salmon back to New York
Please...they moved my moving date to the 23rd. This ain't no salmon, this is one of those kayak paddle man trying to paddle up stream.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,507,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Please...they moved my moving date to the 23rd. This ain't no salmon, this is one of those kayak paddle man trying to paddle up stream.
Hey, maybe Sunny would lend you a better kayak, LOL!

Okay, so you could do one of those roving reporter from the field type things. We'll get you a little camcorder and you make like Bear Grylls all the way back to NY - slaving and struggling thru the concrete jungle!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 4 days ago)

5,589 posts, read 6,689,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
"And after our break, SunnyKayak will paddle on up, followed by Eman and Carolina Guy, with a review of the latest advice on home protection. In our last segment, we will feature Mullman w/ his latest restoration - a vintage BMW.

Next week's show will feature The Emissary, and his collection of Star Trek memorabilia, and a special report from Himain, who has been doing some mystery shopping for us at the best lingerie shops in town. Dunroven will report on her first week at Sun City Carolina Lakes. And to round things out . . . Bibit is bringing her collection of Carolina Face Jugs."
ani - A most "logical" idea! I'll show how everyone can use "inertial dampeners" and "turn signals" on their mobile transportation units!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:42 PM

21,963 posts, read 27,247,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have always thought this would be a cool thing to do.

I keep meaning to check into this. We could start a City Data Show, LOL.

Here is info on Charlotte's Free Access TV station:

TVACCESS21

What do you think would be an interesting type of program to produce and air on TV?
Ani, I was a broadcast tech for 20 years.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - A most "logical" idea! I'll show how everyone can use "inertial dampeners" and "turn signals" on their mobile transportation units!
I knew you would find a way to entertain us, Em!!!! Live long and prosper!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or