U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM

16 posts, read 35,542 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Does anyone live in the development Antiquity at Cornelius? Or has anyone heard of any "buzz" about this new development? I've been to the builder's website and it looks like it is going to be beautiful.

The homes are w/in our price range...we will be relocating from the northeast. We have already checked out South Charlotte and have zoned in on the Ardrey development which was built by the same builder, Cunnane. They are also building similar Victorian homes in Antiquity. We realize that we really love this type of home: Victorian on the outside with an updated floor plan. The school districts appear to be comparable. We have two elementary school aged children, affording the best school district we can is our main priority.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 11:36 AM

3,428 posts, read 9,249,598 times
I don't live there, but it's definitely cool. It's within walking distance of both the downtown Cornelius and downtown Davidson areas, and the Davidson elementary and Junior High schools are right off the development. I think it will become one of the premier developments for that area.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,482,404 times
I have been there a couple times with different clients. It does have a cool feel about it. Could be a few years before everything is built up and its in it's glory!

Old 05-06-2008, 01:04 PM

15 posts, read 41,205 times
We visited the model homes there in March and liked it a lot. I think once it's built up, it will be a very nice community, especially if the light rail station is built in the near future. I did have some concerns about the traffic congestion, because it already feels congested driving into that area from Davidson. The proximity to Davidson is great, though.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:30 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,482,404 times
come in the backway from Cornelius not so bad.....

Old 05-06-2008, 01:37 PM

332 posts, read 867,229 times
Great community!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:44 PM

16 posts, read 32,654 times
Hi, jumping on an old thread..Anyone on here privy to any new info about this community? Great houses, neat idea, but appears a little stalled. Clearly, rail is 5-10 years out at least, which seems initially to have been a big selling point.
So, Is the retail on it's way, or what? The plans also talk of a 2500 seat ampitheater, any ideas what that will be about? Does it mean, as in, "pay for tickets to a show" ampitheater?
Anyway, I really like it there, considering moving the family there, but would love to get some more info if anyone has any?
Thanks!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,791,771 times
Drove through there about a month ago, looks nice. The pool area is already built, but looks to be on the small side compared to to community size. There's 4 or 5 builders in there, homes are close together to give it that walkable neighborhood feel.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 PM

308 posts, read 530,702 times
Antiquity is nice. My friends from abroad were anxious to buy there when only visiting. I convinced them that it wasn't a good idea since they were so impressed with the rail and shops that were to be built at that time. It has come to a stand still and I would imagine no shops or rail for at least a couple of years. Aside from that, it is in a great area. Schools are walking distance and so are shops if you don't mind a fairly long walk. I would imagine with kids you couldn't go wrong.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 AM

7,185 posts, read 11,226,137 times
We looked at Antiquity for our planned downsizing in the not too distant future. It sure is a nice looking neighborhood and we loved spending some time there. But, we found the pricing to be beyond what we consider to a reasonable value proposition for us. Not only are the prices beyond my $ / sq ft expectation, but the monthly dues/fees left us in awe that we may actually spend more to live there than it costs to stay in the place we're in now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte