U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-10-2008, 11:10 AM

18 posts, read 34,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
Hello ~Wonderboger~ and other garden lovers ! I read a very interesting story in the Charlotte Observer about a couple who live in Mint HIll that has moved their plants aka their babies along with them not once but twice !! From Chicago to Asheville then from Asheville here to their new home, Charlotte ! I think it's an amazing story for garden lovers . I think you and the other citi data members will appreciate this story and she even asks those who are passionate aboute gardening to email her!!! Now if someone could post a link to that story which includes her email address ,that would be great. It's in local news South Meck section ! Hope this helps!
This is great! I'll have to put Google to work and see what I can find out.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 08:16 AM

4,227 posts, read 4,136,245 times
Just started doing some minor landscaping at my new house in Cornelius. The soil was mostly clay. I had to hoe it up a bit, break the clods, and add compost and planting soil. Wasn't bad though.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:03 PM

13,148 posts, read 13,178,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by searpr View Post
While I'm sure CATS is nice, don't expect it to be like the MAX and Portland's transit system. I grew up in Portland, and Portland has one of the most amazing public transit systems anywhere. I live in Seattle after I moved from Portland and before I moved to Charlotte, and "disappointed" doesn't even begin to cover how I felt about mass transit in Seattle compared to Portland, and I think that Charlotte's system is in the same range as Seattle's as far as bus availability and timing. I commend Charlotte, though, for having the foresight to get their light rail now instead waiting 10 years too late like Seattle did.
If you move to an area expecting to be disappointed, you surely will be.

I live 10 miles from Center City Philadelphia & 2 miles from a light rail station that has been operating since 1969. I will not be able to afford such a location in the Charlotte area, but I will be happy to leave horrifying taxes & an economy where all of the decent-paying jobs that I am qualified for have been fleeing to the Carolinas for the last 10 years, I'll be happy with whatever I fnd there, unless, of course, it's a snake in my toilet.

Last edited by southbound_295; 05-11-2008 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-11-2008, 07:07 PM

35,568 posts, read 43,729,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
If you move to an area expecting to be disappointed, you surely will be.

I live 10 miles from Center City Philadelphia & 2 miles from a light rail station that has been operating since 1969. I will not be able to afford such a location in the Charlotte area, but I will be happy to leave horrifying taxes & an economy where all of the decent-paying jobs that I am qualified for have been fleeing to the Carolinas for the last 10 years, I'm be happy with whatever I fnd there, unless, of course, it's a snake in my toilet.
Well, I sure hope you don't find a snake in your toilet. I have heard of someone finding a mouse in her toilet, but no snakes here in NC. Not saying it never has happened here! Just never heard of it!!! Hee Hee Hee.

Now, I knew a lady who found a snake in one of her hanging baskets when she was watering it.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:20 PM

13,148 posts, read 13,178,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, I sure hope you don't find a snake in your toilet. I have heard of someone finding a mouse in her toilet, but no snakes here in NC. Not saying it never has happened here! Just never heard of it!!! Hee Hee Hee.

Now, I knew a lady who found a snake in one of her hanging baskets when she was watering it.
The local news showed a giant snake that some lady found in her toilet, somewhere, Ani.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte