U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 06:24 PM

17 posts, read 44,461 times

Advertisements

My family is looking to relocate from Long Island to Mooresville.
We have/had been very interested in the sub-division The Farms but since reading a lot of posts on City-Data forum, we have some questions. Is the Farms losing itís appeal due to the traffic on Brawley School Rd? Are the parents turned off because the schools the Farms feed into are over croweded test taking schools? We have noticed a large amount of inventory of homes available. Yes we are aware of the housing market. But these homes are beautiful with what seems to be a great family community, something is up......
Any input would be most appreciated, good or bad. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 01:28 PM

7,185 posts, read 11,224,804 times
Hello there. You may want to search this topic over on the Charlotte forum. There's been some pretty good discussion of Mooresville, Brawley School Road, etc over there. We live in Mooresville near Brawley School Road, but not on the peninsula.

I will say this... coming from LI, don't let the posts on this board scare you from Brawley School Road due to traffic. Yes, there are bad traffic times such as rush hour and school hours, but it's not that bad. You've got a glut of people manuevering on a 4 mile stretch of two lane road with no shoulder. In the off hours, there is no traffic and the road is a breeze, right down to the Point. They have also just started the widening process on Brawley School Road, which will help considerably when complete.

As far as the Farms, I have not heard a bad thing about this subdivision. My kids have friends that live there. I honestly believe the inventory you are seeing is generally the folks that bought more than they could handle paying for. It's one thing to buy a nice big house in a sweet subdivision, but it's another thing to operate and maintain it when the price of everything is increasing.

Schools are ok. I've heard that the elementary school that serves the Brawley peninsula is very highly rated. The middle school and high school are good. They are part of the Iredell Statesville School district. The eastern part of Mooresville is served by the Mooresville Graded School district (just an FYI).

C'mon down and check us out. It's a nice place to live and play.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,780 times
Default The Farms and Brawley School Road

Hi there, I live in the Farms and can tell you that it is a great neighborhood. I think you are seeing a lot of homes on the market because a)new homes by builders and b)several neighbors have to move for new jobs. I don't think it's because people got in over their heads. Most of the people here are not local N. Carolinians and relocated here initially for a job. The nature of being executives in companies is frequent moves. Some also worked for mortgage companies and got laid off. The activities center is great and has a full-time activities coordinator that is great with the kids. The pool is guarded and is a great place to meet the neighbors. I live in Phase 3 and can tell you that Bayberry Creek itself can be kind of a hassle with little kids because of cars. If you move here, try to get into a side street or cul-de-sac. There are some unbelievable deals in here right now--I wish we could have waited to buy because we paid more than what some of the resales are going for. They would be instant equity. Brawley School Road traffic can be bad first thing in the morning and again from about 5-6. My husband leaves for work at about 7:15 and says that he misses most of the traffic. Woodland Heights is a great school and since moving here two years ago, my kids are thriving there. I think it's rated one of the highest in the state. Phase 3 also has a very involved ladies group that meets for dinner once a month or has get togethers. I have never lived anywhere that is this friendly. We also have a Nascar driver in Phase 3. Most of the moms are stay-at-homes.
Hope this helps in your decision. Hope to see you here.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:24 AM

37 posts, read 118,111 times
Default Established Neighborhoods

You can also find more established neighborhoods on Brawley closer to Williamson. We live in Farmstead Estates and it is a great family oriented area. We are selling our home, but only because we want to get out more into the country. I am originally from Indiana (grew up on a 100 acre farm). So while most think our acre lot is big, I really want more. I also have a job that requires that I am in Boone and Charlotte both, so we are looking somewhere that is about the same drive time to both. Right now for me south Charlotte is about an hour and Boone is about 2 hours. We love the area though everything is close and traffic is really not that bad. The only bad day is Friday evening rush hour. Other than that it is very easy to deal with.

One thing I like about our area is we dont have to go that far on Brawley all the homes have trees in their yards and everyone gets along great!

The best one for me is no HOA fees!

Good luck with your move to NC!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,504 times
thank you for a good info we r thinking about farms,we have a 10 month old boy and looking for a good community with young kids..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte