U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 AM

14 posts, read 36,864 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone would care to comment on Eastwood Homes in general & more specifically, the communities of Crismark & Shannon Vista.

Same homes... very different pricing... Indian Trail vs. Waxhaw (?)... Porter Ridge vs. Parkwood... potential resale values... anything about either location we should be aware of?

Thank you so much for any replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 06:41 PM

14 posts, read 36,864 times
Thanks for the reply!

I am beginning to think it's a bit like dealing with new car salesmen (no offense to any car salesmen ) in that they will tell you whatever they think you want to hear.

We just came back from our 1st scouting trip, have decided that this is a move we want to make & are now in the process of job hunting & putting our house on the market, etc., etc.

I like Crismark & it's proximity to 485 & Extreme Ice as both sons are hockey players. Schools are of utmost importance. I know Porter Ridge is new... as for the Shannon Vista community, was told that another middle & high school is to be complete by 08/09 and kids would most likely be redistricted (?) from Parkwood to the new school (did see the new elem. under construction). Kids are currently in 4th & 7th grades so we need to look at all levels.

Only real negative I felt here was homes felt very tight together & we can't get the 3rd car garage.

Shannon Vista is off Shannon Road, just past Waxhaw-Indian Trail Rd & NewTown Rd. We like Shannon Vista b/c we can get a 3rd car garage & lots are bigger with deeper setbacks. Also proximity to Rea Road. I believe it is only going to be about 300 homsites (?) ranging from $220 - $340 with neighbors in the $400 - $600 (there is a John Weiland developement nearby). So... thinking 8 - 10 years ahead when we become empty nesters & want to move further south to FL... will this area be more desirable? Will the odds favor a bigger return on our investment here vs. Crismark?

BUT, being a Jersey Girl, it does feel a bit isolated (although I did feel better once we found Rea Rd instead of using Providence Rd all the way back to 485).

Anyway... just trying to get some feedback/opinions from those who know the area better than we do! Kind of, "What would you choose?"

Thanks so much!

Anybody else care to chime in?

Old 12-31-2006, 11:52 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,797,641 times
WE just came back last night from Union County we went all over and have decided on new resales in hunter oaks, Quellin and the Reserve...WE went to all the new construction and the taxes depending on where u live in Union like Waxhaw u have to pay county tax and waxhaw tax that is .97 per 1000..so on 400k its 3600 dollars a year...anyway, where in NJ do u live???

Good Luck to you..my dh has quiet a few interviews for jobs and im putting the house on the market next week so hopefully all will go well and we can get there for summer...

Staci

Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,618 times
Default Eastwood at Shannon Vista

My name is Bryan DeGabrielle and I sell homes at both Shannon Vista and Crismark for Eastwood Homes. Disney Diva - your evaluation of the 2 communities is exactly correct - only correction I would have is that Shannon Vista will have 181 homes total. I have been working for Eastwood Homes for nearly 5 years and can say that we are an extremely ethical company and have a tremendous customer satisfaction rating. 98% of our customers who fill out a voluntary survey at the closing table say they would recommend Eastwood to a friend or family member. Best of luck with your new home search and feel free to contact me if you have further questions - bdegabrielle@eastwoodhomes.net

Old 02-09-2007, 08:46 PM

197 posts, read 668,537 times
I'd go for Shannon Vista. Better location - you will get brand new schools in the next two years - much more desirable location with better zoning.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:52 AM

1,891 posts, read 5,556,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva View Post
Thanks for the reply!

I am beginning to think it's a bit like dealing with new car salesmen (no offense to any car salesmen ) in that they will tell you whatever they think you want to hear.

We just came back from our 1st scouting trip, have decided that this is a move we want to make & are now in the process of job hunting & putting our house on the market, etc., etc.

I like Crismark & it's proximity to 485 & Extreme Ice as both sons are hockey players. Schools are of utmost importance. I know Porter Ridge is new... as for the Shannon Vista community, was told that another middle & high school is to be complete by 08/09 and kids would most likely be redistricted (?) from Parkwood to the new school (did see the new elem. under construction). Kids are currently in 4th & 7th grades so we need to look at all levels.

Only real negative I felt here was homes felt very tight together & we can't get the 3rd car garage.

Shannon Vista is off Shannon Road, just past Waxhaw-Indian Trail Rd & NewTown Rd. We like Shannon Vista b/c we can get a 3rd car garage & lots are bigger with deeper setbacks. Also proximity to Rea Road. I believe it is only going to be about 300 homsites (?) ranging from $220 - $340 with neighbors in the $400 - $600 (there is a John Weiland developement nearby). So... thinking 8 - 10 years ahead when we become empty nesters & want to move further south to FL... will this area be more desirable? Will the odds favor a bigger return on our investment here vs. Crismark?

BUT, being a Jersey Girl, it does feel a bit isolated (although I did feel better once we found Rea Rd instead of using Providence Rd all the way back to 485).

Anyway... just trying to get some feedback/opinions from those who know the area better than we do! Kind of, "What would you choose?"

Thanks so much!

Anybody else care to chime in?

I just sold an Eastwood home is Crismark -- I have to say my clients had a home inspection done, and the inspector was impressed with the quality of the construction. Everything that was highlighted on the walk-through was fixed or replaced. As a realtor, it was very easy to deal with the sales (thanks Bryan!) and construction staff (when I had to!). I think for the money, Eastwood buiilds a nice home.

Right now schools in Crismark I believe are Hemby Bridge Elementary, Porter Ridge Middle and Porter Ridge High. In Shannon Vista they are Western Union Elementary, Parkwood Middle and Parkwood High. There are new schools being built in the Shannon Vista area (New Town elementary for this coming school year, and middle and high on Cuthbertson, up a ways from Lawson), so there is a chance that this neighborhood will be reassigned to those schools. I would check with UCPS about that.

Best of luck to you; let me know if I can help

Old 02-11-2007, 10:03 PM

473 posts, read 1,453,605 times
Red face Eastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva View Post
Wondering if anyone would care to comment on Eastwood Homes in general & more specifically, the communities of Crismark & Shannon Vista.

Same homes... very different pricing... Indian Trail vs. Waxhaw (?)... Porter Ridge vs. Parkwood... potential resale values... anything about either location we should be aware of?

Thank you so much for any replies!
I live in Rosedale (Huntersville) and Eastwood is the builder for the townhomes. They look very nice and I know a couple of women that live in them that are very happy but I can't say anything about any other area. I received a flyer for a t/h a couple of weeks back for $155k. I tossed it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or