Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 01:03 PM

558 posts, read 528,697 times

Advertisements

The city has jurisdiction over public streets even if they are in a subdivision like Highland Park. Unless the roads in the subdivision are owned and/or built by the subdivision, any licensed car can park on them and a cop will tell you that if he knows what he/she is doing. However, a subdivision has some control on such related such as parking a car with a trailer, boats and or commercial vehicles. A subdivision HOA is allowed to write stipulations in their covenants disallowing this and the police will usually write at least a warning. One thing that I learned is that if a subdivision wants to keep vehicles with attachments or even disallow skateboarding (as an example) it is recommended to have a sign listing the restriction. Places differ, but I have found this information to be the situation over the last several years in a few different places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 08:37 PM

3,318 posts, read 5,523,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffcorp View Post
I don't understand. My parking the vehicle isn't a problem. My not living in Highland Creek isn't a problem. Put those two together and its still not the problem. Can you explain what you are saying the problem is and why it is a problem?
I've read through this thread and still can't figure out what your problem is. Why ask for suggestions if you can't tell us what the situation is?

Old 08-06-2021, 10:46 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,238,743 times
Are you parking on the street in this neighborhood to visit someone in the neighborhood? Like visiting your sweetheart most every night and somehow he/she doesn't have room in the driveway for your car.

Are you parking in the neighborhood to avoid parking somewhere else where there might be a parking fee? Like it costs money to park in a garage near work so you park in this neighborhood and then walk the rest of the way to work? If this is the case, find somewhere else to park.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:36 PM

444 posts, read 577,277 times
We live in an HOA that is currently being sued. It is run by a group of Kens and Karens who seem to get recycled with new Kens and Karens every few years. They LOVE running around talking about how they are just volunteers. If you do not have time to support the HOA why in the heck did you volunteer. HOA's are an insane clown posse.

That being said, if you live in a neighborhood that allows overnight street parking you are in a less than desirable neighborhood, unless you live near uptown. That is the bottom line.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:07 PM

847 posts, read 1,344,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffcorp View Post
I don't understand. My parking the vehicle isn't a problem. My not living in Highland Creek isn't a problem. Put those two together and its still not the problem. Can you explain what you are saying the problem is and why it is a problem?

Why all this noise without an explanation. Why are you parking in front of someone's home (apparently a stranger) of a neighborhood you don't live in?

It's as if you're being a pain in the ass for no real reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: