U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,485 posts, read 43,333,736 times
Reputation: 19885

Advertisements

My DS sons we have 3 felons living near us and he can't remember what website to look it up on and neither can I. All we can find is about sex offenders. We want to see anyone who is a felon, convicted for any reason.

Anyone know that website or can provide a link?? DS says they are all convictions on stuff like fraud, embezzlement, stuff like that.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 PM
 
673 posts, read 1,829,667 times
Reputation: 309
This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you can search for crimes/police calls that happened within a certain time frame near an address.

http://maps.cmpdweb.org/cmpdnet/quickSearch.aspx (broken link)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2008, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,485 posts, read 43,333,736 times
Reputation: 19885
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoNC View Post
This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you can search for crimes/police calls that happened within a certain time frame near an address.

http://maps.cmpdweb.org/cmpdnet/quickSearch.aspx (broken link)
Thanx, FLtoNC!! I appreciate the link - that happens to be one of my favorites to see what is going on around me! Maybe someone else will see your post, tho, and find it as fascinating as I do!!!

I know there is some national website out there - someone posted it within the last few weeks and darn it, I didn't book mark it. My DS says he was looking w/ friends and saw 3 felons near us and I wanted to check that out!!!

Maybe someone will see this thread and post the link . . . but thank you for another link that is very helpful . . .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2008, 11:57 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
13,100 posts, read 13,002,418 times
Reputation: 4369
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thanx, FLtoNC!! I appreciate the link - that happens to be one of my favorites to see what is going on around me! Maybe someone else will see your post, tho, and find it as fascinating as I do!!!

I know there is some national website out there - someone posted it within the last few weeks and darn it, I didn't book mark it. My DS says he was looking w/ friends and saw 3 felons near us and I wanted to check that out!!!

Maybe someone will see this thread and post the link . . . but thank you for another link that is very helpful . . .
I've seen what you're talking about, Ani, but can't find it to save my life. I found this in a different thread. The North Carolina version has a lot more detail.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2008, 04:24 AM
 
Location: Matthews, NC.
74 posts, read 234,114 times
Reputation: 44
Default Be careful

Be careful. There is a site called Felonspy, that has been proven to be completely bogus.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,485 posts, read 43,333,736 times
Reputation: 19885
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfrommass View Post
Be careful. There is a site called Felonspy, that has been proven to be completely bogus.
Nice heads up, CB! I have no doubt there are all sorts of bogus sites out there! This one was legit . . . from a watchdog organization - nationally recognized. Just wish I could find it . . .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 PM
 
237 posts, read 71,137 times
Reputation: 44
Not sure if for state or just certain counties

NC DOC Public Information System

If you want to go deeper into details use this other. Please dont go crazy on this stuff.

View Raw Data Screen
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,485 posts, read 43,333,736 times
Reputation: 19885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
Not sure if for state or just certain counties

NC DOC Public Information System

If you want to go deeper into details use this other. Please dont go crazy on this stuff.

View Raw Data Screen
Hee Hee. No, this is not site, either. But thanx for the links!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2008, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
85 posts, read 280,926 times
Reputation: 51
You may be thinking of Felon Spy - You Need To Know Who Your Neighbors Are | Begin Your Search, which is actually a hoax site.
As far as I have seen the only offenders who's info is publicly published are the sex offenders.

snopes.com: FelonSpy
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2008, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Huntersville
1,852 posts, read 3,380,962 times
Reputation: 515
I don't believe there is a national site for Felons, listed by address and name. The reason is people with a felony on their record do not have to register where they live, so there would be no way of keeping it up if they moved. Only Sex offenders have to register where they move. I believe the only information would be a watchdog group and in reality, if they posted non-public information they could be in trouble.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top