Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,436 times

Advertisements

My situation will be that my husband is being transferred, so he will have a job, but I have two small children. I do need to work, but I have to make enough to offset daycare during the summer months and also have the right hours to be able to take and pick up the children. My husband is in retail and works strang and long hours. I had a retail management career until we decided to start a family, but one of us has to be available evenings and weekends. I have worked in a dealership , Blue Cross Blue Shield of FL and for a property preservation company office wise, but they taught me their way so I dont' have all of the office experience that everyone wants. So it will be hard for me to find something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 09:59 PM

81 posts, read 309,735 times
Default Suggestion for a job?

My sister has lots of experience in retail management. From women's clothing, children's, computers and now, Starbucks.

She is a district manager with Starbucks, and they really treat her well. She has a child, (late marriage and pregnancy) and is married to a college professor. You might want to try that company. She isn't in this area though. She's in the Southwest.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:46 AM

930 posts, read 2,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by covhome View Post
My sister has lots of experience in retail management. From women's clothing, children's, computers and now, Starbucks.

She is a district manager with Starbucks, and they really treat her well. She has a child, (late marriage and pregnancy) and is married to a college professor. You might want to try that company. She isn't in this area though. She's in the Southwest.

Thanks for the info, I know there is one in the Target there, and I was really impressed with how nice they were when I went in.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 AM

81 posts, read 309,735 times
Default Starbucks in Target

The Starbucks in Target stores aren't run by Starbucks. At least they weren't a year ago when I mentioned this to my sister. You have to go to a free standing Starbucks to apply for more than just a part time job that will pay more, have benefits, and offer opportunities for upper level management positions.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:30 AM

148 posts, read 562,929 times
We are relocating to Waxhaw in July. I have a job lined up as a RE broker but my husband is coming without a job. I am realistic that I won't make money for a while as I have to get used to the area. We have saved enough money to get us thru our first year. My husband hopes to buy a business he can run. We felt the benefits of moving to NC from NY far outweighed staying here. I guess that is the decision people have to make! They can stay where they are and dream of moving or they can actually DO it. I think with a positive outlook and perserverance people can accomplish what they set out to do!
We may never be rich, but hopefully we will be happy. Isn't that what matters in the end anyway?

Old 05-18-2008, 05:04 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
I am at the point that I may look around for a part time job, I want to put some money away and may finally break down and get a car, I would rather have the part time job pay for a car.

Last partime job I had was a temp xmas one, they kept me on after xmas, out of over 50 xmas temps they only kept one on.

I have the same work ethic if I was washing dishes, running a register etc as I do with my current job.

I was just considering pt work this morning. I found several weekend shift at the hospitals, which I will apply. I make enough for living and socializing, but the darn car note--I'm sick of. I have two more years to pay and now my teen daughter needs a ride. I would like to pay the debt within a year. I rather give up my weekends just to get out of car debt. One must do what he/she in order to feel debt free and have stability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte