U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 08:34 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,544,547 times

Advertisements

Loves, your photos are great. I agree that there is a value to having a mature garden. If I can figure out how to post (without help from children) I'll send a picture of my garden.

But aren't you cheating a bit with this picture posting bit when you say to MJ "MJ, if I can figure this picture posting out you can too I'm sure!" I'm referring to the fact that you still have a child at home to help you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 08:39 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,346,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
Loves, your photos are great. I agree that there is a value to having a mature garden. If I can figure out how to post (without help from children) I'll send a picture of my garden.

But aren't you cheating a bit with this picture posting bit when you say to MJ "MJ, if I can figure this picture posting out you can too I'm sure!" I'm referring to the fact that you still have a child at home to help you!!
hahahahaha - well, I am very proud to report my live-in computer guru was NOT home all day and I had to figure this one out on my own, LOL!!

Old 05-17-2008, 08:47 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,040,314 times
Barb - my yellow roses are Eldorado (floribunda). We have these on the east side of the house. They are more prolific this year than ever before . . . not sure why! They were planted in 2004.

I also have another beautiful yellow rose, but that bush has just never really taken off - a Julia Child - and I think DS gave that plant to me for Mother's Day in 2006 - seems it was just introduced that year. When I get a nice rose from Julia, I will post a pic. However, I have been very disappointed w/ that bush - it has not been vigorous at all. It may not get enuff light where it is - and I have been thinking about moving it after this season.

Last edited by brokensky; 05-17-2008 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-17-2008, 08:52 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,563,016 times
Sunny - if you upload them into the CD URL rather than external hosting (like Photobucket), when you attach them to your post, they will come in as thumbnails.

BTW, love your zinnias!

Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Very pretty Ani-IF I ever get this house situation done, I'd take a trip to a Garden center and try my green thumb out. I can tell you that I wasn't very successful in the past though
Now, now, Himain. When you get ready, you have all of us here to help you w/ the plant selection, LOL!!! Trust me - there are plenty of things you can plant that will not require much care at all - and will brighten up the landscape.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Sunny - if you upload them into the CD URL rather than external hosting (like Photobucket), when you attach them to your post, they will come in as thumbnails.

BTW, love your zinnias!
Bibit - I have no idea how to upload using that method, LOL!!! I was doing good to figure out how to use Photobucket!!

We are expecting some pix from you, Miss Bibit - take pix of your herbs!!!!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:00 PM

Southbound - meant to thank you for the links! I hope that encouraged TAD a bit about gardening here . . . I know you aren't here, but post some pix, anyway!!! I would think you are growing many of the same things we are growing here . . .

Thanx again!!!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,563,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Bibit - I have no idea how to upload using that method, LOL!!! I was doing good to figure out how to use Photobucket!!

We are expecting some pix from you, Miss Bibit - take pix of your herbs!!!!
But Ani, your thread said "Flowers". I have just clipped the dead blooms on most of my newly planted perennials plus the knockouts are just coming back with their second round. Maybe the petunia's then...

Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
But Ani, your thread said "Flowers". I have just clipped the dead blooms on most of my newly planted perennials plus the knockouts are just coming back with their second round. Maybe the petunia's then...
Darn, Bibit. I should not have made it so specific. I wanna see what is out there growing - and those herbs are an achievement, too!!! Heck, if someone has a pretty lawn - I would love to see it - my grass is still struggling. What a mess we have. It is going to take a lot of work to get our lawn straightened out after the damage last year . . .

So I say - post pix of anything that is growing well and you are proud of!!! We all work so hard on our plants . . . a moment of satisfaction seeing a pretty picture - and enjoying everyone else's pictures . . . makes it feel like there is a pay off in the end . . . so you post anything you wanna post - we don't care if it is a tree you are proud of.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:46 PM

21,888 posts, read 27,162,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im new to Zinnias and I wish they grew back every year or I learn how to make them do so. (annuals or perennials I always get the two mix up).

I saw these on sale at Lowes and I had to have them after reading their plant card.
They are a North Carolina plant meant to be. (I think they originated in Mexico).
They can handle the summer heat and only require weekly watering.
Im sure if I dug last year's up and put them in house pots that they might have survive for another year.
I like how they attract butterflies and bees.

Im glad you guys are on the photo wagon now but I still have not figure how you guys do thumbnails I only know copy and paste from photobucket and insert image at the top of the post.

I love your roses since I am jinx when it comes to them. Some disease usually wins on them so I gave up on them.
Sunny, some roses are disease resistant.

disease resistant roses

You do have to check the description to make sure that they are repeat bloomers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or