U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 05:27 PM

161 posts, read 369,766 times

Advertisements

TY for taking a peek! My Dh and I are on MLS and really like what we have seen for the Indian Trail area. Granted we are moving there first of June from Canada so all we have is the MLS to go by.

I have read on here Union County Schools are really good. That is pleasing as my son is Autistic.

But what do I need to know about the area? Is it really grown up or not? What type of shops and things are around to do? I am not really a mall type person that is ok if there is nothing too big like that. But I do like the big box stores like Michaels (I am a scrapper) Target etc... Are those places there?

I ask because I once lived in a town that had zero and the drive was insane. What about eats? Things for kids?

I welcome any information you can tell me about the area. Maybe there is something I did not ask that as a mom I should know about the area.

Thank you kindly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:15 PM

513 posts, read 1,915,442 times
Indian Trail is in a great location. There are plenty of "big box" stores around. There are about 3 Targets within 10-15 minutes in various directions. There are Michaels stores both at the Arboretum shopping center (about 10 minutes) and in Matthews - also about 10 minutes. There is also plenty of shopping at the Promenade on Providence, which is about 5 minutes from my house. The Fountains shops and Blakeney shopping center are about 10 minutes. Blakeney has a Target, Old Navy, Marshalls, Homegoods, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, and many others, as well as various restaurants. The Arboretum has plenty of restaurants, too. We are about 15 minues from Ballantyne and the Shops at Stonecrest - Borders Books, Target (again), restaurants and other shops. So, while the town of Indian rail itself doesn't have a ton of shops, you can find everything you need within 10 minutes. There are several parks & playgrounds around. What other types of things for kids are you interested in? It is a family oriented place, and I have always found plenty to keep my kids busy. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:20 AM

17 posts, read 54,361 times
Indian Trail is very close to Matthews and not too far from Pineville. These areas have had lots of growth. My mom lives near the Indian Trail / Monroe border. They have a lovely Starbucks in walking distance now. Great area.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:21 AM

384 posts, read 2,013,150 times
Indian Trail is growing. It is a great place to raise a family. The schools are very good, you will love it here.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:00 PM

529 posts, read 1,803,362 times
To add... IT just passed beer and wine sales for the local eating establishments so I am guessing that will bring even more options. Just off 74 in Monroe a Kohl's, Home Depot, and Lowes are in the development stages (approved already). Schools are amazing! When you come down, just call the school and set up a time to visit. I grew up in Indian Trail and love how everything I need is in or near here.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 PM

24 posts, read 74,857 times
Indian trail is a great place to live. The new porter ridge schools are really great ( my sister graduated from there , 1st class to grad) and though in the afternoons and mornings you do get some of the Charlotte traffic on 74 its relatively quite and 15 minutes from true country and places like cane creek park as well as horse farms ect and 45 minutes from center city Charlotte.

As for autism . Sun shine station used to be all Sp -Ed. think it changed to all types now. My mother teachers severely handicapped children in Monroe and lives in ITL , so she would know better. It is expanding so much i am sure the resources are there.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:35 PM

51 posts, read 140,956 times
I just took a visit to Charlotte this past week. Indian Trail looks like it is doing an incredible amount of growth. Do you think it will be another Huntersville in about 5 yrs?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,887 times
Hi! We are moving to Indian Trail In 2 weeks, we bought a home in Fieldsone Farms. We are very excited! We are relocating from NY. I am also a scrapper and have a friend who lives in Indian Trail that sells CLose To My Heart and has monthly work shops. She is also a Union County School teacher and says that the schools are great!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte