Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,611,841 times

Advertisements

I don't remember seeing mobile homes, but I know one side had older houses with a lot of junk in the yards. I guess you could say it look trailer-ish. The other side of the road seemed to have a bunch of entry level starter communities. The yards and homes of some of those looked pretty bad to me also. Once you turn left onto Smith(?) there is an area that looks like a development was planned and abandonned. You can see the lot markers and water/plumbing pipes coming out of the ground. Doesn't start looking better until you actualy turn into The Vineyards.

Like I said, it's really too bad. They had a model there that I loved and I love the concept. We went as far as to try to fid it in other DR communities. No luck. But in this economy and this housing market, it wasn't the move for us. I'm a SAH/WAHM soon to have 2 small children. Neighborhood is going to be very important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 02:42 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,169,679 times
This is on the industrial side of Charlotte in an area that hasn't seen much upscale growth because nobody wants to listen to the airport. The runways are not that far from there. The only reason there is a development such as this there, is that DR Horton has managed to get some land on a shallow muddy cove off the river and then is attempting to sell it as water front living. If the Catawba river wasn't there, then this development would not be there either.

This idea worked in the days of irresponsible credit and people believing that you could buy anything and turn around and sell it more tomorrow. Now that that bubble has burst, developments such as this have gone with it.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,405 times
Default Let's be practical

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
This is on the industrial side of Charlotte in an area that hasn't seen much upscale growth because nobody wants to listen to the airport. The runways are not that far from there. The only reason there is a development such as this there, is that DR Horton has managed to get some land on a shallow muddy cove off the river and then is attempting to sell it as water front living. If the Catawba river wasn't there, then this development would not be there either.

This idea worked in the days of irresponsible credit and people believing that you could buy anything and turn around and sell it more tomorrow. Now that that bubble has burst, developments such as this have gone with it.
Moderator cut: tos violation , there is no noise from the airport even with the new runway open. It's nice to watch the planes fly in from a distance and not hear any noise whatsoever. As far as the lake is concerned, it will be dredged as part of the dock building process and is no dirtier than any other area of Lake Wylie. I also find it amusing about the talk of a lack of development in the neighborhood. There is continual building and house sales....everyone on this thread is forgetting that the entire housing market is slow right now compared to a couple of years ago, so one can easily say that building is down in EVERY neighborhood. There is no reason to single out The Vineyards. Actually as far as I can see, The Vineyards is growing at a quicker rate than the rest of the neighborhoods in Charlotte. Moderator cut: flaming

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-16-2010 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-18-2010, 12:43 PM

5 posts, read 12,941 times
Default The Vineyards

This neighborhood is developing nicely. We take our jet ski out on the cove all the time - the depth is fine. See speed boats with skiers in the cove often. Took us less than 30 minutes to jet ski to T-Bones. The neighbors are friendly and fun. DR Horton recently purchased the old brick office and will be developing the amenity center at that site. The landscaping company does a great job and if there has been any problem with irrigation system, they fix it right away. Do not hear any planes fly by - the runways are parallel to the neighborhood. Personally, I think one day when this market is better, you probably will be hard pressed to find such a nice neighborhood 10 minutes from an International airport and on the lake. As stated before, the economy has affected just about every development out there - it's nice to say that this one is still building and selling. The builder has not abandoned us and has too much invested in this development to walk away.

I recommend this place to anyone with patience and wants a good investment one day.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 AM

5 posts, read 11,240 times
Default Vineyards on Lake Wylie?

Hi, anyone out there have any new information about this development?

I'm thinking of buying and would appreciatte any recent feedback you have to offer.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,828,128 times
Your best bet is to start a new thread.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:12 PM

7 posts, read 15,466 times
The waterfront area The Vineyards has is really nice. If you're thinking about it go take a look. We always anchor in this area to swim, it's really nice. It's a lake people. The Catawba river flows all the way from Lake James to Lake Wateree. A considerable distance. If you get a lot of heavy rain you're going to see some muddy water flow by. Trust me it will be gone in a day or 2. I absolutely never hear noise from the airport. The airport is a non-issue. It's 6 miles away. I do not live directly in The Vineyards but close. It's still fairly rural here, that's what is appealing to a lot of people.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 PM

11 posts, read 24,932 times
Any updates on the Vineyards for 2013 or the end of 2012?? We are considering moving to the Fort Mill area and are planning on looking at Vineyards as well as the new Carolina Reserve and Sun City Carolina Lakes by Del Webb. Any thought on these commuities appreciated. thanks

Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 PM

11 posts, read 24,932 times
Thanks Har 11, It looks peaceful to us too. We are planning on visiting in May or June. I've seen on other outdated threads about the neighborhood close by is not very nice...any thoughts on that? We are use to rural and not the fancy suburbs, so don't think a few trailers will bother us. Are the boat docks in? The Vineyards website isn't up to date...still mentions 2012 specials and boat dock coming in 2012.
Anyone live there that can give testimony for 2013?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 AM

40 posts, read 86,532 times
Hello Grandma Pip, we've lived in the Vineyards for almost 4 years now. There are still trailers along the road before the road that brings you to the Vineyards, but they've never been a problem or any bother for us. The last official word I heard was that the docks and boat ramp should be ready for the start of boating season. It's been a few months since I've actually been down to the water, but at that time they were still dredging and there were docks on the water, just not in their final place. I'll have to check on it this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte