Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times

Advertisements

Having guests in and they love ice cream. So where are the very best - the outrageously good - the SUPERB places to get ice cream? And why do you like that particular place? Help me out! They are ice cream snobs!!! LOL!! I am in S. CLT but taking a trip some place to get great ice cream will be fine w/ me. Two small children in tow. . . so if there is something about decor or setting that would please children, that would be a nice plus, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,549,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Having guests in and they love ice cream. So where are the very best - the outrageously good - the SUPERB places to get ice cream? And why do you like that particular place? Help me out! They are ice cream snobs!!! LOL!! I am in S. CLT but taking a trip some place to get great ice cream will be fine w/ me. Two small children in tow. . . so if there is something about decor or setting that would please children, that would be a nice plus, too!
It is a bit of a hike from South Charlotte....but Tony's in Gastonia is off the chain. They are located on Franklin Blvd (74) right before you get into downtown Gastonia. They actually have good food too. Nothing fancy...just an ice cream parlor. They do have a website.

In Charlotte I guess it is Ben & Jerry's?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:25 AM

206 posts, read 798,825 times
Hey Ms Ani-

My daughter loves Kilwins in Ballantyne Village. She especially loves it when they are making candy so she can eat and watch.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
It is a bit of a hike from South Charlotte....but Tony's in Gastonia is off the chain. They are located on Franklin Blvd (74) right before you get into downtown Gastonia. They actually have good food too. Nothing fancy...just an ice cream parlor. They do have a website.

In Charlotte I guess it is Ben & Jerry's?
Thank you, 7!!! I am interested in any and all suggestions! You never know when the parents might want to get out and about and drive some . . . kids are good in vehicles, LOL. Plus, ice cream as a destination works - for several different trips on different days!!! I have never heard of Tony's and so very much appreciate finding about new spots - all over the region.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCtoCLT View Post
Hey Ms Ani-

My daughter loves Kilwins in Ballantyne Village. She especially loves it when they are making candy so she can eat and watch.
You know - another great idea! Just happens that the children have been to Kilwin's in Blowing Rock and they love it! So another possible ice cream destination! Thank you!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:34 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
But of course we are partial to Maggie Moo's followed by Bruester's, both in Fort Mill.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:35 AM

529 posts, read 1,978,470 times
Carolina Creamery in Mint Hill is good too. I am assuming you are talking about places other than chains. Also, you could take the light rail to Pike's in Charlotte for ice cream.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:36 AM

33 posts, read 118,187 times
We went to Bruesters in the Indian Trail/Matthews area while visiting in April and it was great! They had many items to choose from and a nice area out back with picnic tables to sit in the shade.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,007 times
Do any of these places offer sugar free or no sugar added flavors?

I know Ben and Jerry's does, but a little variety goes a long way.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM

All the suggestions are great! Chain or mom and pop type - either works - just want to hear what others like and would recommend. All ideas are very much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte