Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

I am in S. CLT. Where is the best place to get a large assortment of freshly cut flowers for bouquets? I can add some roses in as well as greenery, but I need to fill two large vases with other types of flowers in addition to the roses. Looking for fresh flowers at a great price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 11:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I know up in here in Huntersville one of the Harris Teeter has a huge floral department.
It also where I bought my Mother's Day flowers from.
I knew the lady that help pointed me out which ones where fresh off the truck (this store delivered on Sunday's)

Find a large H.T in your area and check it out.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 AM

206 posts, read 799,089 times
If you want to make the arrangement yourself then I would look at Trader Joes. They have a good selection for a good price and the flowers hold up well. I tried a while ago to find a good florist and had the hardest time. You sure are sprucing things up for your company. You must love them.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCtoCLT View Post
If you want to make the arrangement yourself then I would look at Trader Joes. They have a good selection for a good price and the flowers hold up well. I tried a while ago to find a good florist and had the hardest time. You sure are sprucing things up for your company. You must love them.
My, my . . . you have it figured out, LOL. I guess all the stuff I post tends to give it away, Hee Hee. Yes, I love having beautiful flowers especially when we have guests! I want a nice arrangement for one of the bedrooms and I like to keep cut flowers (in the summer) on my kitchen island. I usually do roses w/ greenery for myself but wanted to use a vase that my son had given me for a nice large arrangement.

Now I have an excuse to go to Trader Joe's this week, LOL!!!! Thank you!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I know up in here in Huntersville one of the Harris Teeter has a huge floral department.
It also where I bought my Mother's Day flowers from.
I knew the lady that help pointed me out which ones where fresh off the truck (this store delivered on Sunday's)

Find a large H.T in your area and check it out.
Thank you, Sunny! When I do my grocery run, I will see what they have - this gives me an excuse to go to the Taj MaTeeter, hee hee. It is a 1.5 miles further from my house but you are right - they have a bigger selection. Now why did my mind blank - I completely forgot they would have cut flowers!!!

Then if I have time to run by Trader Joe's . . . that should give me a nice selection b/n those two stores.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 PM

371 posts, read 1,101,976 times
Check out the flowers at the regional farmer's market on Yorkmont (off of Tyvola). Huge bunches of seasonal flowers from $5-$10. I have a friend using them for a wedding in a few weeks.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgirl98 View Post
Check out the flowers at the regional farmer's market on Yorkmont (off of Tyvola). Huge bunches of seasonal flowers from $5-$10. I have a friend using them for a wedding in a few weeks.
OMGosh - those prices are terrific!!! Just on Saturdays???

Great tip . . . and I bet your friend's wedding is going to be lovely - wonderful idea.

Since it appears I am going to get really good prices on my flowers, maybe I will splurge for more . . . I could put a fresh vase in the dining room and in my bedroom, too. And now I have excuses to go to the Farmer's Market and Trader Joe's - Harris Teeter gets $$ from me at least once a week, LOL!!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:02 PM

175 posts, read 546,281 times
I agree...T Joes has gorgeous flowers!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro2008 View Post
I agree...T Joes has gorgeous flowers!
I just pulled out two more vases. Fresh flowers just make a room feel special. Thank all of you for the great suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte