Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 06:16 AM

143 posts, read 537,708 times

Advertisements

This is a question for people that live near uptown (Sedgefield, Collins Park, Madison Park, NODA, Plaza/Midwood, etc):

Have you see your home values increase/decrease over the years (months)? If so, has it been a great increase/decrease?

I realize that technically Charlotte's RE market is increasing overall but I would think it would have even greater increases near the city.

Just curious about what I can possibly expect after 5 years or so in Madison Park.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 07:00 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kja25 View Post
This is a question for people that live near uptown (Sedgefield, Collins Park, Madison Park, NODA, Plaza/Midwood, etc):

Have you see your home values increase/decrease over the years (months)? If so, has it been a great increase/decrease?

I realize that technically Charlotte's RE market is increasing overall but I would think it would have even greater increases near the city.

Just curious about what I can possibly expect after 5 years or so in Madison Park.

Thanks!
I could only imagine that they have all increased. All in-town neighborhoods are hot. I can only speak for Uptown only...but we have doubles our money in about 6 1/2 years. Those are very hot areas that you have mentioned. Not sure if they have peaked or not but I like them all. NODA is still in transition though. Wouldn't want to live in NODA as a single female.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:52 AM

286 posts, read 1,045,659 times
I live in Opimist Park which is right outside 277 on the way to Noda and our condo has appreciated nicely in the last two years. A good place to find more info on uptown areas is on urbanplanet.org.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlikemethodz View Post
I live in Opimist Park which is right outside 277 on the way to Noda and our condo has appreciated nicely in the last two years. A good place to find more info on uptown areas is on urbanplanet.org.
Your area is a changing. I know exactly where you live...between Uptown & NODA. I LOVE the McGill Rose Garden. Bet it is gorgeous right about now! Values in your area are only gonna go up

Old 05-20-2008, 02:05 PM

569 posts, read 1,410,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kja25 View Post

Thanks!
A lot of investors bought in Madison Park about five years ago with all of the light rail talk. Athough it has rapidly increased in the past few years I think there is still good profit to be made there. My mother in law has lived there her whole life and she tells me often of how the area is changing for the better. I actually looked over there a while back but did not know if I wanted to live that close to my mother in law or not! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte