U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,429,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
TBH, coming from north Charlotte, your best bet will not involve the Lynx at all.

I think those who were directing you to park at Lynx stops further down in S Blvd etc probably were assuming that you knew that the current tracks only run to the south of Uptown and they were really answering this question: "if I had to take the Lynx, where would I park?" - but your comments above lead me to believe that you were unaware of this.

If you (or anyone) park at the multi-story car-park on 6th Street that is attached to The Dunhill hotel, you can get your parking ticked validated at Stool Pigeons or The Dunhill itself and you won't have to pay. This only works after 5pm
I apologize for not being more clear in treating you guys totally new to Uptown. 7th Street Station is also the location of a huge parking deck between 7th and 6th (It is called 7th Street Station) with dancing lights on the side with Reeds at the bottom. I would use this as a last resort due to it is right in the action and I wouldnt trust the sobriety of the drivers behind you leaving this event in that deck.

Using the light rail would not be a wise selection for someone coming from the north end of charlotte due to you would have to circle around to the few stations that offer parking for the light rail. It would me more hazzle and time consuming.

I think the Gateway village or the other suggestion made right above would be your best bet but I would lean on trying Gateway first it right off 77 at the trade street exit sort of close to the Greyhound station.
IMO the visitors who do not know Uptown would not think of this idea highly as much due to Gateway sort of is on the outskirts but it very walkable distance to city center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 10:37 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,450,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I think the Gateway village or the other suggestion made right above would be your best bet but I would lean on trying Gateway first it right off 77 at the trade street exit sort of close to the Greyhound station.
IMO the visitors who do not know Uptown would not think of this idea highly as much due to Gateway sort of is on the outskirts but it very walkable distance to city center.
And now that I think about it, you may not even be able to access the multi-story on 6th street because it's a one-way street that is only accessible from Tryon - which is blocked-off!

Gateway it is!

Like Sunny said, avoid 7th St Station at all costs....if the drunk-drivers don't kill you, the wait to get in-and-out might.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte