U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-20-2008, 03:27 PM

95 posts, read 90,602 times
Default How is Pineville to live?

My wife and I are looking for homes in the south Charlotte area and have come across Pineville, specifically the new Traditions in Pineville neighborhood. Anyone familiar with Pineville and/or that new neighborhood who cares to chime in? Is Pineville pretty dead (I know it's a very small town), or is there stuff going around it?
Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-20-2008, 03:47 PM

34,056 posts, read 38,228,125 times
Pineville runs into S. CLT for all practical purposes, LOL. Is there some reason you want to be w/in Pineville city limits?

Last edited by anifani821; 05-20-2008 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: mistake

Unread 05-20-2008, 03:48 PM

21,510 posts, read 35,409,789 times
Pineville has lost any charm it has to Charlotte so I dont even really consider it a town with character. Crime, Over development and traffic. Pineville.

Unread 05-20-2008, 03:50 PM

95 posts, read 90,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Pineville runs into S. CLT for all practical purposes, LOL. Is there some reason you want to be w/in Pineville city limits?
Not really, just want to be in either south Charlotte, Fort Mill or Rock Hill, since my wife will be working in Rock Hill. I heard Pineville was nice, and, from looking online, this Traditions in Pineville neighborhood looked really cool (neo-traditional homes) and reasonably priced.

Unread 05-20-2008, 03:53 PM

34,056 posts, read 38,228,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Pineville has lost any charm it has to Charlotte so I dont even really consider it a town with character. Crime, Over development and traffic. Pineville.
Sunny, you hit on it. I am maybe 2 or so miles from the city limits of Pineville, yet it feels at that point that I am still in S. CLT. I never think about Pineville, even tho I am that close to it. It has no defining character. You are so right. You could ask me about businesses along 51 and I honestly cannot tell you wh/ ones would be considered Pineville and wh/ are Charlotte.

Unread 05-20-2008, 03:57 PM

768 posts, read 1,994,203 times
When I think of Pineville all I think of is the mall and all the furntiure stores and traffic. There isn't much else than that.

Unread 05-20-2008, 05:48 PM

4,892 posts, read 4,259,586 times
The first time I visited NC to explore real estate investing I stayed in Pineville. WOW, did I have second thoughts about investing in NC!
Glad I got over it.
Nights in Pineville are pretty lonely.

Unread 05-20-2008, 06:07 PM

2,444 posts, read 5,463,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteBound88 View Post
Not really, just want to be in either south Charlotte, Fort Mill or Rock Hill, since my wife will be working in Rock Hill. I heard Pineville was nice, and, from looking online, this Traditions in Pineville neighborhood looked really cool (neo-traditional homes) and reasonably priced.
Traditions is located in the older section of Pineville (close to the old main street of Pineville where the antiques stores are located...well, for now anyway). I have driven by Traditions for over 4 years now and it seems to have really taken along time to sell. Seems like a rather odd location to me (but that is just my opinion), it's also close to the railroad tracks.

If you are open to resells (fairly new)...my suggestion would be to look at Whitley Mills (located in Fort Mill, SC). It's within your price range, it's convenient to Winthrop, Charlotte, shopping, good schools, lower taxes.......I might also add that if you are interested pose your questions on the SC side (York County subforum).

Good Luck to ya!

Unread 05-20-2008, 06:15 PM

168 posts, read 286,177 times
I would go with Fort Mill, I cant figure out why but everything around Pineville is booming and a great area. For some reason Pineville just never caught on.

Unread 05-20-2008, 07:29 PM

2,444 posts, read 5,463,769 times
This article's from a couple of years ago (Cash Cowed) but is still a good read on Pineville, NC

CASH COWED | Business, North Carolina | Find Articles at BNET.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte