U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:11 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Did someone say wood chipper??

Did you see the CSI epsiode where, that happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:46 AM

57 posts, read 171,915 times
OMG you lot are sick.................I used to use a wood chipper ewwwwww and mail bags vindaloo!!! We used to live in Panama too

How exactly do they know that the crimes are taking place in Charlotte and not across the boarder?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:21 AM

822 posts, read 2,540,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Fargo...."I guess that was your partner back there in the wood chipper."

Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 AM

822 posts, read 2,540,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
Found this article interesting especially this:
The York County Sheriff's Office is not surprised they keep finding bodies in the area. They believe it's because the rural land is so close to Charlotte -- a big city with big city crime -- and one of the first wooded areas just over the state line.
Neighbors: York Co. land is dumping ground for bodies 5:41 PM | Local News | News for Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com | Top Stories (http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-052108-mw-dumpingground.16d3dfd7.html - broken link)

Thoughts on this? Seems like the second time in the last few weeks York Co, has slapped Charlotte in the face, first with their don't cross the border slogan and now this? Anyone think there is any truth to this statement? I for one think it is an easy way out to always point the finger back at Charlotte.

IMO Charlotte is not a big city though it thinks of itself as one. The catch and release program needs to stop. Bad policy leds to bad governance.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:26 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
IMO Charlotte is not a big city though it thinks of itself as one. The catch and release program needs to stop. Bad policy leds to bad governance.
Muffinman, it's not that simple. There is no "catch and release" program in place. Due to the severe underfunding of our DA's and criminal justice system some people have to be let go so that more serious cases can be pursued. I am not saying this is right, in fact, it makes me very angry. But the DA's office makes these decisions (NOT THE POLICE like so many seem to think) based on many factors - they are all judgement calls and they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 AM

672 posts, read 1,646,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
I agree on that. I always here, Charlotte is a big city, in the top 20 I believe, but when I look at it, I see it as a small city, surrounded by a lot of burbs. Now I know when they tally the population ofcourse, it is everyone in the city limits, which includes a lot of burbs, but we aren't a big city with big crime.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:48 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,137 times
I certainly hope that the person dumping the body gets charged with illegal dumping or littering. That will add another $100 to their punishment. As a matter of fact, in Charlotte, the $100 fine may be the most severe punishment?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,446,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
No. My husband always threatens to get one.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
I agree on that. I always here, Charlotte is a big city, in the top 20 I believe, but when I look at it, I see it as a small city, surrounded by a lot of burbs. Now I know when they tally the population ofcourse, it is everyone in the city limits, which includes a lot of burbs, but we aren't a big city with big crime.
Gee, another perceptions debate. Granted it isn't NYC but if you are from the northeast and not from NYC, Phili, Baltimore or Boston, guess what? Charlotte is bigger. Besides, is it really that important when it comes to the issue? I've always been told that size isn't important.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Gee, another perceptions debate. Granted it isn't NYC but if you are from the northeast and not from NYC, Phili, Baltimore or Boston, guess what? Charlotte is bigger. Besides, is it really that important when it comes to the issue? I've always been told that size isn't important.
Stop it - you're killing me Vin - that last comment almost made me choke on my iced tea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte