Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:38 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,359,009 times

Advertisements

Ok, since we can now see what has happened to this Thread.......we are done!
If any of you want to use this Thread to get something going, go ahead or start your own Thread.
We started a nice Thread about a "get-together" and this is how it has turned out because we simply explained who WE wanted to meet. Criticizing us and taking the Thread "beyond" what it was originally for was just to much!
No Thanks!!
Have a nice day everyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 11:13 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,346 times
LoveBoating, I think your idea of having a get together is great. I just think that it would be cool just to have anyone that uses the thread to come, period. Don't stop at this point. I am sure we can come up with a consensus.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
I understand his point however it is up to us members if we want a gathering that would fit who we are as individuals it is our right to seek a certain target audience.

Ladies Night Out oviously caters to the female city data members
Straight Couples Night out caters to that but it doesnt say those with or without kids.
GLBT Night Out would cater to such city data members.

Or what I would like to have is Kayakers day out sometime this summer.
Oviously I dont want jet skiers or non watercraft people there unless they are using someone elses and I dont want to hang out on the shoreline all day due to non swimmers.

I understand your point why are we bringing segregation back to Charlotte when we all cannot segregate ourselves in this forum. We should be uniting with each other to help newcomer and natives coexist better together but the vibe of these gatherings are different when you start adding different groups to the mix.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:33 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I understand his point however it is up to us members if we want a gathering that would fit who we are as individuals it is our right to seek a certain target audience.

Ladies Night Out oviously caters to the female city data members
Straight Couples Night out caters to that but it doesnt say those with or without kids.
GLBT Night Out would cater to such city data members.

Or what I would like to have is Kayakers day out sometime this summer.
Oviously I dont want jet skiers or non watercraft people there unless they are using someone elses and I dont want to hang out on the shoreline all day due to non swimmers.

I understand your point why are we bringing segregation back to Charlotte when we all cannot segregate ourselves in this forum. We should be uniting with each other to help newcomer and natives coexist better together but the vibe of these gatherings are different when you start adding different groups to the mix.
It is fine to have a guys, gals, kayakers, yankees, rednecks or any specific group's night out. But, if we want to have a forum gathering, it should be for the "forum" which includes everyone that subscribes. Nevertheless, it would be nice to do something

Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,696,751 times
Default Further to post above

I was somewhat surprised that this thread was not yanked.OP may not be aware that forum boards have the same responsibilties and liabilities as all other forms of media. As an example you would not be allowed to place this ad in the classified section of a newspaper since this would be against disrimination laws. I am ALMOST certain the law applies here. If you go off saying in a public forum -I want to have a party,no gays, blacks or dwafes allowed---you're going to have a problem. Perhaps OP did not know this and I hear a lot of fustration in his last posting, and a lot of anger but that's the law.

There was a suggestion for him to join a meet-up group and THAT'S the way to go. They are very specific and they serve the purpose they were intended for.

My 2 peso of comment for today although I think a party of transvesites would have a good draw. Maybe in Concord? What do you think-another lame brain idea of my behalf??

JOHN

Old 05-23-2008, 12:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
I was somewhat surprised that this thread was not yanked.OP may not be aware that forum boards have the same responsibilties and liabilities as all other forms of media. As an example you would not be allowed to place this ad in the classified section of a newspaper since this would be against disrimination laws. I am ALMOST certain the law applies here. If you go off saying in a public forum -I want to have a party,no gays, blacks or dwafes allowed---you're going to have a problem. Perhaps OP did not know this and I hear a lot of fustration in his last posting, and a lot of anger but that's the law.

There was a suggestion for him to join a meet-up group and THAT'S the way to go. They are very specific and they serve the purpose they were intended for.

My 2 peso of comment for today although I think a party of transvesites would have a good draw. Maybe in Concord? What do you think-another lame brain idea of my behalf??

JOHN
This thread has not violated any terms set forth that we all agreed to in the terms of service as long as it city data specific there nothing wrong with the poster who may kindly set up a possible city data gathering it is welcome here as long as it within tos.

If you want to hold your transvestite meeting in Concord of city data transvestites then you are more than welcome
Again once you start dividing up a population into smaller groups the turn out will be lower than if the gathering was for a larger group.
So LGBT would be alot better showing.

Many of us who have look for work in this area know one of things that is important is who you network with. There nothing wrong with you guys of different backgrounds networking together.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:07 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Many of us who have look for work in this area know one of things that is important is who you network with. There nothing wrong with you guys of different backgrounds networking together.
Well said Sunny! There are many things in common that people in the forum can discuss and share in a meet-up that are gender-, sexual orientation-, marital status-, political affiliation-, etc. NEUTRAL. Too many slices and dices are just, well...divisive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte