U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Race City Usa will probably have a booth setup, if so pick up one of their flyers it has a great map for checking out the race shops, go cart tracks and other race related places.
This is there website with all that info. Welcome to Race City USA!
Great suggestion, Sunny! Will you be out on the lake this weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:26 PM

673 posts, read 2,434,315 times
Hmmm.... I don't see a lot people mentioning going out of town, because they probably can't afford the gas prices!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:28 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,639,458 times
Saturday will be t-ball games, a block party, & a birthday party...(very busy day)

Sunday/Monday..who knows...play it by ear..

Maybe I'll catch some fish at the lake this weekend, and use them for fertilizer for my hay bale garden....

Old 05-22-2008, 06:30 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,137 times
Going to take my boat out for a last run here in Florida if the weather cooperates and help get the kids settled here in Fla. so we can move to Cornelius on the 2nd. In between, I will probably sneak in going out to dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, a little dancing, a little beer drinking, and a little time bonding with my laptop. I am really tired of this place and don't want do do anything but move next week. If my friends call from New Orleans and ask us to visit, we will, but I hope they don't call. TIBU (This is between us). It is just over 4 hours drive to New Orleans.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:32 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,302,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Alright!!! Are you packed and ready (well, nearly??) I know you will be so glad to see DH. And it will be summer when you get here! Not long now. Have a wonderful weekend w/ hubby, SSD!!!
Thanks Ani. All of our stuff is in storage in Denver already. We are sleeping on air mattresses and sitting on old lawn furniture in the ugliest rental house I could find. I can't wait to sleep in a real bed and eat at a dinning room table off of my Lenox China instead of paper plates. We have been really roughing it but like I tell my boys, "it builds character".

Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Thanks Ani. All of our stuff is in storage in Denver already. We are sleeping on air mattresses and sitting on old lawn furniture in the ugliest rental house I could find. I can't wait to sleep in a real bed and eat at a dinning room table off of my Lenox China instead of paper plates. We have been really roughing it but like I tell my boys, "it builds character".
Dear me - I had no idea you all were roughing it!!! If it means anything, been there . . . and yes, it builds character but mostly - it makes you really really really appreciate getting settled in your new home!!! FINALLY!!!! (At least you still have the computer!!!)

Old 05-22-2008, 06:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Great suggestion, Sunny! Will you be out on the lake this weekend?
No I will be sitting in traffic LOL (Huntersville is a east to west connection to the Speedway)

For those going to either lakes Mt. Island or Norman here is a tip
Use Beatties Ford Road from Charlotte to avoid this traffic.

I might try to go to Mt Island Lake on Saturday but I would love to hit some rivers I havent hit yet .. I live in limbo around holidays. I just go with the flow.
With no expectations, no disappointments. Only thing I am required to do by Pookie is be near a TV set by Sunday at 5:00.
DVRing a race doesnt cut it with them.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Saturday will be t-ball games, a block party, & a birthday party...(very busy day)

Sunday/Monday..who knows...play it by ear..

Maybe I'll catch some fish at the lake this weekend, and use them for fertilizer for my hay bale garden....
Wow - you are going to be verrrrrry busy Saturday!!!

When you catch those fish and put them in the hay bale garden, you better remember to snap some pix for us!!!! I am still waiting to see your handiwork . . . Have a great weekend, Jack!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Going to take my boat out for a last run here in Florida if the weather cooperates and help get the kids settled here in Fla. so we can move to Cornelius on the 2nd. In between, I will probably sneak in going out to dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, a little dancing, a little beer drinking, and a little time bonding with my laptop. I am really tired of this place and don't want do do anything but move next week. If my friends call from New Orleans and ask us to visit, we will, but I hope they don't call. TIBU (This is between us). It is just over 4 hours drive to New Orleans.
Are you moving your boat up here w/ you, Vin?

Sounds like a fun weekend . . . even if you end up driving to the Big Easy. That does take a chunk of time, tho - just to get there and back . . .We won't tell. (Make a note: we gotta inform Bibit about the new acronym - TIBU)

Old 05-22-2008, 07:09 PM

197 posts, read 616,432 times
I forgot that it was Memorial weekend and I scheduled a open house. So...I will be working.;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte