Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:43 AM

74 posts, read 346,686 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to NC and will need pet boarding for our dog and 2 cats. We have never boarded them before and are very nervous about the whole idea. Unfortunately, under the circumstances it is absolutely necessary. We are looking for the Matthews area. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 AM

104 posts, read 282,815 times
Default Pet Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfrommass View Post
We are relocating to NC and will need pet boarding for our dog and 2 cats. We have never boarded them before and are very nervous about the whole idea. Unfortunately, under the circumstances it is absolutely necessary. We are looking for the Matthews area. Any recommendations?
I am like you I don't really like to board our dog but sometimes we have to so I use Continental Boarding (704) 504-0025, they are further away off of 485 but they are great and I rest on vacation knowing that my baby is being well taken care off. I have looked at other places but these guys are great and our dog loves it there. She always comes home happy and tired from all the running and playing she does there. She is bathed and comes home with her bedding clean. Drive out there and check they place out, they will show you around//but book early for the holidays for they do book up pretty fast.
A lesson we learned the hard way.

Good luck

Old 05-23-2008, 07:03 AM

743 posts, read 2,236,172 times
I am not sure where in Matthews you are and if you think Indian Trail is out of the way but I always use VIP Kennels on 74 across from Dale Jarrett Ford. They are great there and absolutely adore my little baby. They charge $20/night and that includes food unless you want to bring your own. And we always arrange for a bath and sprucing up the day we pick her up and she is beautiful. They do a great job. We have used them about 10-15 times now and would not use anyone else. Oh and they also book up fast but lately I have been able to get her in without a hitch. I am not sure if its because I use them so often but when I drop her off, their kennels are full.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:43 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,553,818 times
any in the north charlotte area?

I'm looking to travel on a weekend....
thanks!

Old 05-25-2008, 08:16 AM

533 posts, read 1,828,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfrommass View Post
when we first moved here we had to board our dog for 2 days till we were in our apartment...we tried waxhaw animal hospital. i wasn't crazy about it though, but it might just be because we HATE boarding our dog. we have family friends that use them all the time and are happy with them...ibut would avoid using them, our dog was very stinky when she came home and she was very stressed out there as they said she had a lot of accidents and didn't eat well. i don't really have a suggestion of where to go, but just to maybe avoid waxhaw animal hospital.

for when you are settled in here and need someone to care for your pets while you are away, we came across a pet sitting service called GopherDogs and we have been very happy with them.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:48 AM

852 posts, read 2,459,338 times
Matthews Animal Clinic on Monroe Rd, near H51 intersection. They are great and are great vets too.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:57 AM

422 posts, read 1,361,799 times
I am boarding my cat for the first time in July.... I am a nervous wreck.. the Vet I take her to, does not provide boarding.

So I went on the reccomendation of a few friends. We are taking her to Piper Glen Animal hosiptal.

After talking to the people there I was so happy. Then they even invited me on a tour!!!

I think they have a website as well.

Check it out!!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:48 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,553,818 times
anything in the north charlotte region?

Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,392 times
There is a wonderful cageless boarding place in the NoDa region - it's called Club K9. It's a little on the expensive side but worth it.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 PM

279 posts, read 1,082,482 times
I guess some dogs do well w/ boarding, but my dog is shy and I could never do that to her. I have a wonderful petsitter, Jennifer, owner of Carolinas Critter Sitters (carolinascrittersitters.com). My babies (dog and cat) LOVE her, and I started using her the month after DH and I relocated here from OR in early '07. We've used her at least 30 times and we've been very happy with her and her sitters. She has sitters that serve the entire Charlotte area. Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte