Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 AM

525 posts, read 1,804,014 times

Advertisements

Anyone have a dentist that they love in the area?? We are looking for those things! Also a hairdresser!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,378 times
what side of town?????

Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 PM

within a 25 minute drive of Indian Trail Thanks!

Old 01-04-2007, 12:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
within a 25 minute drive of Indian Trail Thanks!

I have the place for you!!!! I LOVE, LOVE my dentist - Dr. Paul Palermo at Matthews Dental Care. They have a new state of the art office across from the Siskey YMCA, which would be very convenient for you

Old 01-04-2007, 01:02 PM

Thanks!! I will try them out!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:15 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,034,610 times
Default lovesmountains

Did you ever have any cosmetic work done by him? or crowns? Does he do root canals or if you needed one do you go somewhere else for them. Does he lay out a treatment plan or just as on a needed basis..thanks!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:53 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,910,217 times
I ALSO HAVE A DENTIST IN CHARLOTTE THAT I LOVE. I'VE GONE TO DR. ED JOHNSON OFF ALBEMARLE ROAD FOR OVER 25 YEARS NOW AND HE IS WONDERFUL.

Johnson Edward P DMD PA. 6708 Regal Oaks Dr Charlotte, NC 28212 Map. (704) 536-9214.

IN ALL OF THE TIMES THAT I'VE GONE TO HIM HE HAS NEVER HURT ME. HE'S PROBABLY THE GENTLEST DENTIST I'VE EVER HAD. IN FACT, HE IS SUCH A GREAT GUY AND HAS SUCH A FRIENDLY, RELAXED OFFICE THAT I LOOK FORWARD TO GOING TO THE DENTIST.

BECAUSE ED IS A RENAISSANCE MAN, WE HAVE THE BEST CONVERSATIONS. HE FLIES HIS OWN PLANE, RIDES HIS BIKE ALL OVER THE STATES AND EUROPE, IS A MAJOR FUND RAISER FOR MS, GARDENS, MAKES WINE, GARDENS, READS VORACIOUSLY, COOKS AND SPINS AT THE JCC EVERY MORNING BEFORE WORK.

THIS IS AN OFFICE THAT YOU NEED TO GO TO. REALLY IT IS SO MUCH FUN.

BUT IT'S NOT ALL PLAY AND NO WORK. THEY DO HAVE A PLAN, MJPOST. AT LEAST, I CALL IT A PLAN. I HAVE MY TEETH CLEANED BY TINA EVERY SIX MONTHS AND SHE TAKES X-RAYS ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE. THEY ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO WORK ME IN ON A MOMENT'S NOTICE WHEN I HAVE AN EMERGENCY. ONCE WHEN I WAS LEAVING FOR FRANCE EARLY IN THE MORNING, ED CAME INTO THE OFFICE TO SEAT A CROWN FOR ME 1/2 HOUR BEFORE I HAD TO LEAVE FOR THE AIRPORT. SO YES, MJPOST, THEY DO DO CROWNS - I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ROOT CANALS - AND ED HAS FIXED CHIPPED TEETH AND WHITENED MY TEETH FOR ME SEVREAL TIMES.

ONE OF THE THINGS, THAT HAS MOST IMPRESSED ME ABOUT ED IS THAT HE OFFERED TO CHACK OUT MY MOLDAVAN CLEANING LADY'S TEETH - FREE OF CHARGE - TO BE SURE THAT AN AREA DENTIST WAS NOT RIPPING HER OFF.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:10 PM

Default wow

so my only concern with him would be is he up to date on the latest materials, etc. Does he do continous training? Does he have a website? See I am a real pain when it comes to dentists...super picky! ha!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:14 PM

Default barb..another Q

oh yeah does he do cosmetic work?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,910,217 times
Default Dentists

I'mnot sure how much cosmetic work he does. As I've said, he has fixed my chipped teeth and has put some sort of stuff on them to make the front teeth whiter. When my kids were little, he sent them to an orthodontist to have their bites improved and to straighten their teeth. I know that he works to stop people from grinding their teeth at night.

As far as keeping up with what is current in dentistry, I've never asked him. I do suspect that he keeps up with his profession simply because he's so intelligent and curious about everything else in our world. Also, my husband, a biochemist, is very inquisitive about what our doctors and dentists do, so I would guess that if he passed the "husband" tests he is OK.

Look, if you are interested in him, I'm pretty sure that he would candidly answer any questions that you asked him either over the phone or in his office. Tell him that Barbara (of Barbara and Tom from UNCC) suggested that you call. PM me if you want more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte