U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:48 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,751,179 times

Advertisements

It's safe to say that all the good people can return to the original topic of this thread...

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 04:50 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,286,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
It's safe to say that all the good people can return to the original topic of this thread...

Mike
I wholeheartedly agree

Old 01-14-2007, 05:15 PM

5,002 posts, read 4,224,785 times
I definately agree.
I think we have beaten it down and down again.

dorothy

Old 01-14-2007, 05:29 PM

221 posts, read 672,970 times
I have said this before, but misery loves company. So those who opt to stay in New York and pay high taxes and pay over a half million $ for a starter home need to put those down that want to leave. They want others to stay and share in the NY misery!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:25 PM

549 posts, read 2,004,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post

Mike
Thank You for taking care of the problem.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:28 PM

After some lengthy research I have decided to visit the suburbs of Dallas Texas. Charlotte will be my second choice.

I just thought the homes were nicer for the money in TX amongst other things. I like Charlotte as well and may visit later on.

Thanks to everyone for their support and posts and good luck to everyone no matter what you choose.

Last edited by onrway2clt; 01-14-2007 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-14-2007, 06:30 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,286,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY - Dallas View Post
After some lengthy research I have decided to visit the suburbs of Dallas Texas. Charlotte will be my second choice.

I just thought the homes were nicer for the money in TX amongst other things. I like Charlotte as well and may visit later on.

Thanks to everyone for their support and posts and good luck to everyone no matter what you choose.
I LOVE Dallas Hope you will find what you want there!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I LOVE Dallas Hope you will find what you want there!
Thanks . Im going to visit Frisco.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 PM

483 posts, read 1,446,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Island Blues View Post
I like to play the blues on my guitar but I'm tired of living the blues here on Long Island. I have lived in East Islip now for 30 years with my wife and 6 kids and we are tired of all the expenses and high taxes of living here. My wife and I both work good jobs and it's hard making ends meet.
Our 27 year old son just moved to Cary NC with his girlfriend. Why?
Because with both of them working good jobs they had to live in a one bedroom basement apartment for $1,100 a month.And the chances of ever owning a home in this area very slim. They moved to Cary and now have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath aprtment for $850 a month. He's an electrician and got a job immediatly. His girlfriend is a sonagram tech and got a job at Duke University hospital at just about the same salary she had here on LI. I think they will be able to get there own home in the NEAR future.
Now my wife and I and our yougest daughter of 12 are ready to make the move.
We are going to look in Union County Charlotte as well as areas around Cary.
From what I read here and people I know that have moved to NC they are much better off then they were here on Long Island.
My wife is a RN and I work as a plumbing estimator for a large commercial Plumbing contractor. I don't think either of us will have difficulty finding employment and I would welcome anyone who reads this to gives us advise and any leads you may know of.
If you're looking in the Cary area, check out Holly Springs. It's right next to Cary and is you get much more for your money than Cary. My friend lives in Cary and although it is a beautiful area, it is also very expensive. You can get a much bigger house for less and you're in the same school district. Good luck with your search!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 PM

483 posts, read 1,446,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMonkey View Post
Another 60 seconds passed by before I found these. This is real difficult stuff...

Yup, taxes will be higher in NY, and so will salaries, raises on those salaries, and bonuses.
Keep in mind that the prices have dipped quite a bit during the last year due to the glut of homes on the market. And as far as raises, salaries and bonuses go...well, that would all depend upon the company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or