Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 04:51 PM

198 posts, read 642,136 times

Advertisements

I was always told that Cotswold was between Wendover and Sharon Amity (n-s) and Randolph and Monroe (w-e). But our realtor showed us a house just south of Sharon Amity today, yet the listing still says it's "Cotswold."

When I asked the realtor about this, he said that the original Cotswold is actually WEST of Randolph and that most of the area currently known as Cotswold isn't technically part of it. But that the area is generally considered to be Cotswold anyway.

Does this make sense? Would there be any negative about buying a "Cotswold" home south of Sharon Amity? The neighborhood seems nice and the school district is still the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 05:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM08 View Post
I was always told that Cotswold was between Wendover and Sharon Amity (n-s) and Randolph and Monroe (w-e). But our realtor showed us a house just south of Sharon Amity today, yet the listing still says it's "Cotswold."

When I asked the realtor about this, he said that the original Cotswold is actually WEST of Randolph and that most of the area currently known as Cotswold isn't technically part of it. But that the area is generally considered to be Cotswold anyway.

Does this make sense? Would there be any negative about buying a "Cotswold" home south of Sharon Amity? The neighborhood seems nice and the school district is still the same.

I'm a bit confused in where you saw this house? From Randolph on Sharon Amity the neighborhoods to the south are Randolph Park and Sherwood Forest. Sounds like that is where you were? Did your realtor use either of these two neighborhood names?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM08 View Post

Here's the thing, the Cotswold neighborhood is actually bordered by Providence Rd/ Walker Rd / Wendover and Sharon Amity. (Randolph actually runs right thru the middle of the neighborhood and if you go as far as Monroe Rd you are in Oakhurst - not Cotswold).

The surrounding neighborhoods of Randolph Park and Sherwood Forest are considered in the Cotsowold AREA - meaning they are associated with the Cotswold retail area. Cotswold itself is a separate neighborhood, but they are all right next to each other.

Oh, and there is nothing negative about buying in either of the other two neighborhoods -they are considered very desirable too

Old 03-02-2008, 07:05 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,808 times
I agree with LovesMountains that all of these neighborhoods are in a good area, but if you really want to know the official name of the neighborhood you might try charmeck.org. Click on "Neighborhoods" and enter the street address. It should identify the neighborhood as listed with the City of Charlotte.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:10 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
I agree with LovesMountains that all of these neighborhoods are in a good area, but if you really want to know the official name of the neighborhood you might try charmeck.org. Click on "Neighborhoods" and enter the street address. It should identify the neighborhood as listed with the City of Charlotte.

That sounds useful, I found the Neighborhoods page, but where do you put in the address?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte