Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2006, 02:31 PM

8 posts, read 32,572 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone out there who lives in the settlers ridge (cpmorgan builder) community in kannapolis? If so how do you like the area? we are thinking of moving to the area. we have heard good things about kannpolis, with the new construction of the research center. Please let me know what you think, we are from up north and are still reasearching the area.
Thanks,
sadielynn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 02:51 PM

218 posts, read 253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadielynn View Post

Is there anyone out there who lives in the settlers ridge (cpmorgan builder) community in kannapolis? If so how do you like the area? we are thinking of moving to the area. we have heard good things about kannpolis, with the new construction of the research center. Please let me know what you think, we are from up north and are still reasearching the area.
Thanks,
sadielynn
I don't live there, but have 3 clients who do. CP Morgan is not the only builder there. Craft was the first one, and they ended up selling most of their lots to CP. Beware of CP btw, there is quite an extensive thread about them on here.

That area is right on the border of Kannapolis and Concord, and it's not a bad area at all. You've got easy access to 85 and you're not far from shopping, restaurants etc. You hit the head on the nail with the Research Center. When you pull out of Settler's Ridge make a left on S Main, go 2 miles and you run smack into it. I think that fact will really add to the resale value of that neighborhood once everything is complete.

I'd try to find a Craft home before I went with CP.

Last edited by Charlotte ePro; 12-28-2006 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: syntax

Old 12-28-2006, 02:58 PM

Thanks, I have seen some of the threads on cpmorgan, some were good others not so good. I don't think they have any Craft homes available in that community. Wow, I didn't know it was that close to the new research center.
I have noticed the prices of homes in the settlers ridge community have gone up. Do your clients like the community?

Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 PM

Yes they like the community. Everyone is real friendly there. One had an issue, but it wasn't with the neighborhood. CP Morgan decided to make a shortcut for their trucks go by their house, and by the end of 2 weeks it was covered with red dirt dust. This was almost 2 years ago, so I doubt you would have to worry about anything like that.

The only thing about it that might be considerd negative are the way the lots are graded. This neighborhood was essentialy built on a hill. Here are 2 shots that will give you an idea of what i'm talking about.

I know some people just don't like that for some reason.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:34 PM

Thanks, you have really helped me out a lot. I will keep searching, I do like that community though. Do you know anything about the new Dale Earnhardt shopping center being built on Dale Earnhardt Blvd., no doubt?

Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadielynn View Post
Thanks, you have really helped me out a lot. I will keep searching, I do like that community though. Do you know anything about the new Dale Earnhardt shopping center being built on Dale Earnhardt Blvd., no doubt?
Your very welcome.

No I do not, that was the first time I have heard of it

Old 05-29-2008, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,917 times
Hey so we are now looking at buying a house in the development as well. Did you end up moving into that development? If so, how do you like it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte