U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:06 PM

10,649 posts, read 11,315,755 times

Advertisements

So the house we are trying to buy was robbed Sunday night. They took all the appliances after kicking in the front door. On taking the appliances, they scratched the entire wood floors from kitchen to front door. So everything has to be replaced. Happy

Sorry forgot to mention this is in Concord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 04:15 PM

35,459 posts, read 43,169,045 times
I thought we had caught up w/ the thugs who had been breaking into homes and stealing appliances. Wonder if they let them back out on the streets again.

Himain - I can't believe it!!!!! This is ridiculous.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:21 PM

3,230 posts, read 6,058,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So the house we are trying to buy was robbed Sunday night. They took all the appliances after kicking in the front door. On taking the appliances, they scratched the entire wood floors from kitchen to front door. So everything has to be replaced. Happy

That really sucks, like ani said I thought they had caught the people doing that about a year ago, maybe they have already served thier time and are back again.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:22 PM

1,852 posts, read 3,371,815 times
Sorry to hear that. I bet it was Kyle Busch after he lost the race Sunday.

Are you under contract? I would check something as well. If they are replacing it using their insurance, make sure it doesn't raise YOUR rates. Some insurance claims stay with the house not the insured. I think this is so with Crime claims.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:24 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,241,910 times
I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:25 PM

127 posts, read 254,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post

Very sorry to hear that happen. Fortunately I haven't been a victim of crime in while, when my car got broken into when I was living in San Francisco. It's impossible to lock up all the thugs, crime is just going happen in any large city unfortunately. I hope there is some insurance to help out with your loss at least... Best of luck.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:29 PM

10,649 posts, read 11,315,755 times
The builder has to replace everything as we have not closed on it yet. We went there and expressed our extreme displeasure on the fact that there is no security there at night. (no one is living there now and we would be first ones) It is extremely dark at night so its a prime target. We would not be moving in until 6/15 and asked what they are going to do to protect our house because we are worried that they will replace appliances and then we'll close and get hit again and then we'll have to get our insurance involved. I've already got a call into CPI but again we won't be living there physically yet until 15th.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM

1,852 posts, read 3,371,815 times
Ahh thats a tougher situation. I don't think it would effect your insurance, since its going hit the builder. but yes as the first people in, you will have to be watchful. Ask the builders for some extra security around there. Also when you move in, might even have a patrol run and make sure lights are on, cars are out and have a party. Let the crooks know people live there now and don't come around no more!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 PM

3,230 posts, read 6,058,299 times
What is happening about street lights will the developer be putting them in or will that be left to an HOA further down the line?

Old 05-27-2008, 04:41 PM

35,459 posts, read 43,169,045 times
I know this is probably a crazy idea, but I wonder if you could go ahead and have CPI put in your system. At least that way, the alarm would go off and police would be alerted if anyone else comes around . . . if your builder would agree . . . ???? Don't know how that would work w/ a contract . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte