U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 07:25 AM

525 posts, read 1,642,375 times

Advertisements

Good luck on your move! If you are a stay at home mom have you thought about keeping another kiddo (just one ) during the day or just a few days a week? At least until you get settled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 09:33 AM

75 posts, read 296,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarakus View Post
miklaur, i recently moved from the northeast and am enjoying life in Charlotte. I would recommend as everyone else is find a job (contractor mainly) first then move. If you need further help send me an e-mail and I can refer yourself and your husband to some people at staffing companies.
CAn you PM me those contacts as well? Much appriciate it.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:17 PM

476 posts, read 1,451,259 times
Can anyone address how much more difficult it is to obtain employment if you haven't yet relocated? Are companies open to dealing with folks if they haven't yet made the move. Thanks so much.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:09 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,757,283 times
Mik, so far my dh hasnt had a problem but he has only spoken wit a few companies so far....as we get more into I will let you know..It seems to be kind of mixed though, the recuiters say he wont have a problem with companies wanting him to to already be there..but alot of people on the boards say that company's want u already down..so honestly I dont know the answer to that question but it certainly is a good one....

Old 01-06-2007, 08:17 PM

NJmom, thanks again for getting right back to me. It is in fact because of so much reading on these boards that my latest question came up. I am glad to know it seems to be going both ways. DH and I are sitting down trying to map out a broad game plan and then divide it up into smaller chunks. I am getting so excited with a few nerves tossed in.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 PM

MIK your so funny beacause my dh and I have been sitting trying to have multiple plans and well I dont think any game plan is going to work, because we have no idea wht is going to happen 1st..LOL...good luck to u

Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 PM

NJmom - well it is 1 AM and we have just barely survived (LOL) our initial sit down to formulate a plan and you are so right about nothing coming together because there are so many possible scenarios as to how this will all play out. It still felt good actually doing something besides just talk as if it was a far away dream. Have a great weekend.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:42 AM

MIK Im with you that is why over christmas vacation I called my realtor last minute actually the night we were leaving how funny is that, it was a very last minute trip because I felt that with these boards and all I was SO ANTSY about going mind you we had a trip in feb planned..lol..that we packed up the car the dog and the kids and we went...and that is when I fell in love and started putting the so called plans into motion, however when your selling a home and have kiddies in school it gets a bit difficult...So Im glad that you started on your plans, if you figure it out pls give me some advice..LOL....

Staci

Old 01-07-2007, 09:20 AM

Staci

I just love turning the computer on knowing I will have words of encouragement from you. I wish I had some advice but I think you have been the one providing the much needed advice. I hope it won't be long before I can return the favor. Laurie

Old 01-07-2007, 10:13 AM

ahh Laurie,
That is very sweet..pls feel and PM me I will give you email address:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or