Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 01:14 PM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times

Advertisements

Sneaky sneaky mull...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 01:16 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sneaky sneaky mull...
We only do this with my wife's pass to add some flexibility.
BUT, I do know a few families who regularly do just what I described.

Times are tough, nothing wrong with saving a buck...

Old 05-31-2009, 06:28 PM

11 posts, read 60,321 times
Ok, I'm all for saving money, and I have noticed that prices for Carowinds passes are higher this year than last year. After reading your "less than honest advice for saving money" I see WHY the prices have increased.....

Old 05-31-2009, 06:33 PM

11 posts, read 60,321 times
Default cheating Carowinds

Nothing's wrong with saving a buck, as long as you do it honestly..... the general public ends up paying higher prices to accomodate your "savings."

Old 06-15-2009, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,862 times
Well, this is why the tickets have gone up $15. Thanks for your contribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
There is a bit of a trick that I probably should not reveal, but....

The first time you use a seasons pass you are supposed to go have a photo made and they give you a different card. Your new card will NOT have your photo on it, but when you return to the park to use it, the attendant will see your picture on their computer when they scan your card for entry.
They obviously do this to make the seasons passes non-transferable.

They never strongly enforce going to get your picture taken, and you can use the original retail pass all season.
We buy passes every year, and my wife never gets her picture taken, this way my mother, or one of my childrens' friends can use it.
So, theoretically, unlimited families could chip in on the seasons passes, do not have the photos taken, and just share them throughout the season for very reasonable cost.
Say five families of four go in on the passes, that is around $15/pp and everyone could go several times throughout the season for that price.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:51 PM

Tough crowd.
Youse guys must be the ones driving 64.9 mph in the left lane of 485.

I only do this for ONE of my four tickets.
That way my mother can use it to take her grandchildren, or I can take a friend of my daughters.
It just gives some flexibility, but still can only be used by one person at a time.

And the recent price increase is due to park improvements under the new ownership.
More attractions have been added over the past few years, than the last 12.

Remember, they are selling you $4 Cokes, $6 Lemonades, $9.50 Beers, & $20 pizzas.
What is that, 400-700% profit margin?

Last edited by mullman; 06-15-2009 at 02:54 PM..

Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 AM

148 posts, read 574,109 times
there is a site I like to use when I'm shopping online. It's www.retailmenot.com you go there and put in the website you are going to buy something from (you can try ANY place that sells things online, even Carowinds) and you will get online coupon codes. We bought tickets to Carowinds online using the "asheville09" code and they were cheaper than regular tickets, but I don't remember how much cheaper. I just remember we thought it was a good deal compared to the regular price.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
There is a bit of a trick that I probably should not reveal, but....

The first time you use a seasons pass you are supposed to go have a photo made and they give you a different card. Your new card will NOT have your photo on it, but when you return to the park to use it, the attendant will see your picture on their computer when they scan your card for entry.
They obviously do this to make the seasons passes non-transferable.

They never strongly enforce going to get your picture taken, and you can use the original retail pass all season.
We buy passes every year, and my wife never gets her picture taken, this way my mother, or one of my childrens' friends can use it.
So, theoretically, unlimited families could chip in on the seasons passes, do not have the photos taken, and just share them throughout the season for very reasonable cost.
Say five families of four go in on the passes, that is around $15/pp and everyone could go several times throughout the season for that price.
Which would in essence be stealing correct? Nice example

Old 07-27-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_student View Post
Which would in essence be stealing correct? Nice example
CLT_student, I am honored that you used your first post to show me the error of my ways...

Old 09-23-2009, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,891 times
I think there’s nothing wrong with what mullman does, in a way he does it honestly, just one person; his wife doesn’t go, instead his daughter’s friend, aunt, etc... He doesn’t abuse it, some people do that with all of their passes and more than a couple of people. You think Carowinds don’t know..? They think all people are honest and truthful to the bone... ha ha. I don’t think they care and Carowinds should enforce the law if they really care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte